Happy Monday everyone. Did your daylight savings workout alright for you? I happened to wake up at 6:30 but forced myself back to sleep until 8. I hear its pretty tough with little kids not getting them to sleep, but I heard a parent say awhile back that a few weeks before daylight savings happens, they begin to have their kids go to bed a few minutes early every night to get them adjusted to the hour change, so when the full hour jump happens, they’re already adapted to it.
Has anyone done this before? I’ve tucked it away for the ‘some day’ but wonder if anyone’s done this to see if it worked for them.
Over the weekend I went to get a pedicure to right the horrible one I got a few weeks ago. While I was there, I mentioned to my new manicurist that I needed the gels taken off my nails because they were catching on everything. She looked at them and couldn’t believe how bad they were! Conversation ensued about them and who did them and she insisted she give me a free gel polish so I could have a good experience with them.
At first I wasn’t going to do it. It wasn’t my intention going in, but after I got a healthy push from a friend to take advantage of the free polish, I went ahead. But not before the manicurist saw the absolutely horrible pedi I had and not before talking to the manicurist who did it. Who became extremely defensive.
I didn’t know she’d tell her how bad of a job she did! Now I’m kind of hesitant to go to that salon on the chance I run into her.
This one did a lot better job, but all in all, I’m not sure I'll be going back to that salon again.
This week I’m thankful for:
- a delicious home cooked meal cooked by someone other than myself.
3 carnitas, rice, beans, 1 tamale and peach cobbler ala mode… my belly was happy! ((clearly I was starving))
- a free manicure. I honestly can’t complain about any of it when its free. It was very generous of her to fix it.
- soft waves all thanks to my flat iron. 7 more days until my cut and color!!
- knowing God’s healing my friend’s little girl. She might be able to eat for the first time today since the surgery, so HUGE prayers needed that she’s able to successfully eat!
- my health. I complain about my neck, my hips, my knees, my feet, but as a whole, I’m pretty healthy and I thank God for that blessing.
- my brother running a 5k on his birthday, Saturday and finishing second in his age group, all while not even trying on a bum knee. Pretty proud of that!
I put this up for debate on IG and had the opinions split down the middle, so friends, I need your honest opinion. I made this to give away for a drawing for a few ladies and need to know if its lame, cheesy, okay, worth giving or well, whatever else you may think it is.
I’m not “crafty” at all. I would like to stress that, so this is me being ‘creative’. Its cinnamon scented pinecones and I threaded the ribbon through (obviously) and made the bow at the end.
If you’re not feeling it, what other ideas do you have for it? If I got rid of the bow, what should I do? I don’t want to leave the ribbon twirling around the only thing on there. I do have more ribbon if you have different ideas with that. I don’t want to spend more money on this since my intention was to keep it under $5 (which I’ve done so far) unless of course you say its obvious its an “under $5 gift”… and if that’s the case.. just say “I’m sure it smells nice” to spare me.Pin It Now!