Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lately

em113
Lately, I’ve been unable to finish a post. I get half way through and stop; and within a couple days what I wrote about has changed completely and the post becomes unnecessary. This has happened twice now, and I wonder if I should write at all since things keep changing.

Lately, I’ve been checking my college website to see my final grade for one of my classes. Two more assignments need to be graded but I’m still at an A and I’m really happy about that. My other class I got an A+, and that served to tickle me to no end.

Lately, I’ve been relishing in these days off from school, but I find I don’t know what to do with myself. I’m so used to being on my computer for hours on end each and every day, that now that I don’t have to, I’m left staring at my screen, lost. I have to force myself to close my laptop in order to go do something, anything.

Lately, I’ve been spending my time in Japan….yet again. This was a very last minute trip. As in, Sunday I looked at flights and Tuesday I was on the plane. Anyone who paid attention would know I was here only two weeks ago, and I admit, even I’m wondering why I went home for two weeks, but I’m here now and get to actually explore. Doing this reminds me of my trips to Hawaii and how they’d be very last minute and even extended. A 5 hour flight to Hawaii vs 11 hour flight to Japan is the only thing that is {painfully} different.

Lately, I’ve declared my love for Singapore Airlines. I can’t stop talking about it; they’re the most amazing airline I’ve flown, and I’ve flown A LOT of different airlines. 15 to be exact…or that’s how many airlines I can remember off the top of my head. I honestly might do a whole post on Singapore Airlines alone, that’s how wonderful they are.

Lately, I’ve had a really bad attitude. There’s no two ways around it. I’ve been in a rather foul mood, which is another reason I haven’t been able to blog lately. With a new bible study, and plenty of God’s help, I’m working on it; but life has been rough (mentally) for me lately, and I haven’t done a good job at surrendering it and not having it effect my every day.

Lately, I’ve been working out and boy has this made a difference in how I feel about myself. I know immediately when I gain 5lbs, and whenever I do, I feel nothing but the worst things about myself. Even knowing it, I was still reluctant to workout, and would beat myself up by the hour. I had to tell myself there were no excuses as to why I was getting soft, and finally began working out again. (I’ve been told I’m overly hard on myself). Now I’ve consistently worked out for almost two weeks, and am getting back to (my) normal.

Lately, I’ve been going through my almost 8,000 photos and deleting the ones I don’t want. My plan is to make photo albums for each trip and category I have so I can cherish them outside my computer. I’ve made two over the past couple years, and have approximately 20 more to go. That’s not daunting at all…

Hopefully I can begin sharing more of the places I’ve seen since being here. I have a lot of photos and experiences I want to share with you, so I’m hoping I can find the motivation to share them.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I would love to see your pictures! My mood hasn't been great either! I'm blaming the cold and rain! It's probably more than that, but that's my story. I have missed you lately!!

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

Girl, you're awesome!
First off, I can totally relate when it comes to many of the things you mentioned... except for traveling on Singapore airlines. That has yet to happen. =)
That foul mood thing-- totally me, up until a few weeks ago when I started working out. The exercise has totally changed my perspective, has made me feel better physically, has drawn me closer to my husband ( who LOVES to workout) and so on and so forth. I 100% needed the exercise.
I hope the funk fades soon and you're able to get back to your normal.
Also, I have started (and stopped) writing a bagillion blog posts. I do it all the time. It's ridiculous.
Congrats on your great grades! That's awesome!
And I need to do the same when it comes to my photos. I love flipping through a good "old fashioned" photo album from time to time. You've inspired me to get started on albums of my own.
Have fun in Japan, girl! Make awesome memories!
(((hugs)))

Amanda Wissmann said...

I heart you! and THIS was a perfect post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...