Monday, January 27, 2014

The fish doctor is in

It’s the start of a new week, and unlike all my other weeks, this one will start off with a little bit more excitement. Tomorrow I get to leave for a nice long trip to Japan. Yes, I’m going to Japan again. This will make my third time going, and maybe, just maybe I’ll see more than I have the previous two trips.

I think once upon a time I was adventurous; where I wanted to go here and there and see as much as humanly possible in the short time I’d be visiting somewhere. But now, all I can think about is staying in. How boring, right? I remember when in Rome…now I get why people say that… we would wake up, eat, and rush out the door to see everything we could and not return until 9, sometimes 10pm at night, completely exhausted.

Coincidentally I got really sick after the 3 days there and spent almost the entire rest of the trip in the hotel room or on a couch. Any way, my point is I enjoy being in a relaxing environment more than going train hopping all over tarnation for days on end.

If I’m being honest and wanting to make excuses, my feet can’t take all the walking anymore. They just can’t. I remember while on that trip, G-man had to carry me on his back for 7 blocks because I was in too much pain to walk any further. Sweet man…

I feel better for having made that excuse.

Speaking of, I don’t think I ever shared the Fish Doctor experience I had in Japan last time. Maybe you’ve seen it on tv or read about it somewhere, but there are shallow pools filled with fish, and you put your feet in it and the fish nibble away at your dead skin.

Tell me you’ve heard of this?! It’s the weirdest feeling I’ve ever felt. It’s like being tickled all over your feet at once. This was our first time doing it and we couldn’t stop saying ‘this is so weird!’ and laughing the entire five minutes. They certainly loved G-man’s feet far more than mine.. I’d like to think that’s a good sign for me. Either that or my skin just doesn’t taste as good. Though they really took to my ankles.

em107em108


I actually would recommend anyone to do this. If nothing more for the experience. It was fun and silly and we sure enjoyed it. Shortly after, we stopped to eat a pressed lobster into a wafer..shell and all. I’m telling you, the things you’re willing to do while in a foreign country is endless.

Hope your weekend was memorable.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

Enjoy your trip to Japan, girlfriend!!
The whole fish-eating-skin thing is news to me!
I had never heard of that before. Knowing me, I'd be too chicken to try it. =)
May your trip be a great one and may your feet withstand your travels!
((hugs))

Amanda Wissmann said...

ITS MEEEEE! can you believe it!? Im actually blog hopping tonight. You were my first stop!

Ok, so they have this in Peru too! In fact, in our usual shopping center they have one and I have ALWAYS wanted to do it but never do! NOW I will!

Hope your traveling is going splendidly! Im off to catch up on the other posts I have missed. More comments to come ;)

Callie said...

Eeek! That looks kind of fun, but I think it would kind of freak me out seeing them biting at my feet . . .

My-cliffnotes said...

I loved it too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...