Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A walk down memory lane

Today is day 21 of Jenni’s challenge and its all about sharing my favorite posts from the past. How perfect that we all get to walk down memory lane together, hand in hand as I reminisce over my glory days.

em80
The first one that came to mind, well, there were 2 but this one, where I shared how I kicked a nasty habit really popped in my head as a topper. I know it resonated with a lot of you and maybe by bringing it back, it’ll resonate with even more of you.

The one and only time I vlogged was really actually quite fun. You asked questions, and I kinda sorta answered them. I talked fast (faster than a lot of you thought) and I rolled my eyes a lot..oh and called myself stupid a time or two. It’s a riot. ..get it… riot?? oh wait, you have to have seen the vlog to understand that. Go watch so we can both laugh at the pun together.

I’ve been thinking of doing another one, but keep putting it off, so maybe one day I’ll muster the courage up for it.

Talking about the family decal stickers on cars is a post that I would love to post over and over again because I want everyone’s eyes to be open. Even those who have them and think I’m overreacting or feel its not a threat. If you’re one of those, I’d be more than happy to mail you a copy of the letter I intercepted, that I talked about. Maybe it’ll really help open your eyes.

I think it goes without saying that the start of my love story is among my favorites. Truth be told, I actually just read through all of them a few days ago and got the warm fuzzies all over again. I can’t help it. I go into more of it through my my story tab, if you’re so inclined.

Its hard to say these are among my favorites but I definitely don’t want to forget the feeling of that afternoon when I learned my Dad had a massive heart attack. Within minutes of learning the news, I sat down to write how I was feeling. I had to get the words out, had to say how I’ve always felt and seen my dad. Even to this day, reading over that post chokes me up. Hearing those foreign words of him having a heart attack was eye opening to me that they won’t always be around like I selfishly expect they will be.

I can’t believe it took a minute to think of these, but if you were around for my many trips to Hawaii, you’d know the one thing that I blogged about obsessively often, were the sunsets. I’m a lover of Hawaiian sunsets and you’ll see that no two are the same. From the North Shore to one over Ala Moana Park, they are beautiful and breathtaking and I’m missing them terribly. I’ve limited myself to only showing 2, so you’re welcome for the restraint.

If you’ve been around for awhile and there’s one that comes to mind as a favorite of yours, do share. I’d love to know what has stood out for you, even if you don’t remember when it was or the title. I’m all for generalities so we can reminisce together.





 

 
 
 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I liked the decal one too! My mom bought me decals after Landry was born and I thought...ummm thanks, but no thanks! I also like all the tutorials you have done. I need pictures and your step by step instructions are wonderful! I like the vlog and would love to see another one! I love all of the stories about Gman! I am a sucker for a love story! Oh and the story about the bees at work!!!!!

Becky Borgman said...

I had never heard of a "vlog" but I like that word so much I might just try it so I can say I have "vlogged". Loved taking a peak around your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...