Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend happenings

Its almost the end of my Monday and I sit here quietly as the sun drops lower in the sky. G is working away and I’m about to start Call the Midwife on my laptop. This weekend was once again a quiet one with G-man and me going on a walk and playing endless Wii. Are you a video game person? I’m not normally but playing Yahtzee and Battleship on Wii is our thing and we love beating each other. We’re a bit competitive.

I’ve been working on my night shots and took some of the harbor the other night. Its quite a challenge and I have to hand it to all night photographers who are skilled in this area. I have a lot to learn, but am currently happy with how this one turned out. I wanted to have the USS George Washington be clear and in focus (which is what proved most challenging), so I’m glad I was able to pull one off. If you can’t tell exactly, USS GW is below all of the cranes.
em164
Per G-man’s instruction, I took a photo of his perfect grits he made one morning. They really were quite perfect. They were the slow cooked kind, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Since being with this Southern man of mine, I’ve come to appreciate and enjoy good grits. And I’ve come to learn, not all grits are created equal.
em163
Along our walk we took, we found a set of stairs that are at least eight sets of {steep} stairs rolled into one. I accepted G’s halfhearted challenge to run them, and I almost died half way up, and practically died at the very top. They were incredibly hard and I was doubled over catching my breath for quite awhile at the top. But naturally, I loved them, and can see running them more and more. Speaking of stairs, Japan has a thing with letting them become practically covered in weeds. These stairs are both very much used by the residences and yet they almost look abandoned.
      photo 1 (12) photo 2 (9)

My math class officially starts today, and anyone who knows me knows I do not like math. I’m nervous and thrilled at the same time to take this class. Ok, that’s a lie. I’m not thrilled at all. The only thrill I have is at the prospect of being done with it in six short weeks. Thankfully its my only class, so I can put all my focus on it to do everything possible to understand what the heck I’m supposed to learn. I only have to take this one math class for my major, so knowing this is helping me through the next few weeks.

I wish you all a wonderful Monday and here’s hoping your weekends were nothing but fun.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

sandi said...

You had me at grits and I don't remember much of what I read after that picture. Yum and Yum! Love some southern slow cooked grits... are there any other kind? Those microwave packages are disgusting! If you want to know my perfect meal it's a sunny side up runny egg, grits with butter and bacon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...