Monday, June 16, 2014

Halters and pinchers

Its Monday and a lot is coming up this week that I’m looking forward to. A little (big) road trip and then some weekend condo mountain time with the girlfriends, followed by some family time with by brother’s lovable family. I certainly can’t wait.

These past few days have been pretty nice. Father’s Day proved successful with Chinese food, cards, and a gift; and Saturday I thought I’d do some sun chasing in order to capture a pretty sunset. I half thought I wasn’t going to get it, but managed to find a pretty barn and tree in a corn field. em1

More to come, stay tuned!

As evidence in last week’s post, my parents have a plum tree that was filled with plums. I realized very quickly that pincher bugs lived in this tree and when I say lived, I mean infested. They’re under the leaves, burrowing into the tips of the plums, and this girl stayed away from the plums at all costs. I began wondering how any of them would get picked, and almost resorted to grabbing tongs to use, when my dad, the man that he is, who has no feeling in a lot of his fingers, began picking them one after another after another. Over 100 plums later (and his claim to seeing zero pinchers, (go figure)), the tree was picked.

What we’ll do with all of those, I have no idea. But its fun having juicy fresh plums at the ready to eat whenever I want.

You know that scene in A League of Their Own where Madonna says ‘what if I go for a ball and my bosoms come flying out’? Well, I almost had that moment yesterday. I wore my halter dress and (thankfully) had a silk blouse over it, and the moment I stood in front of my chair at church, my halter falls..below..my..bosoms. For a second I thought my belt had come undone but no, it was my halter falling. I was shocked, and just the thought of it happening minus the blouse, had me all sorts of befuddled. I found it more amusing, thanks only to the top covering the catastrophe but all day long, no matter how much I hoisted it back up, it would slip on down again. This also will show the obvious-that there’s not “much” upstairs to keep it in place.

Another major event that happened this weekend was eating the new Ben and Jerry’s Core ice cream. Have you had this?? They are absolutely delicious, and this one is my favorite! I could have eaten it all in one sitting, but made myself take two days to finish. You have to go out and get it, because its sold out at a lot of stores and you neeeed to get it before everyone else does. I promise you’ll thank me for buying it.

How was your weekend?

Tomorrow I’m revealing a bit of a secret. A confession of sorts that may be silly, but it might burst some bubbles, so come back tomorrow and be gentle.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Haha your halter! What is a pincher bug? I can't wait to hear the news!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm... Ben & Jerry's! I want to try their Hazed & Confused. Sounds delish.

Unknown said...

Yeah, the above comment is mine. I didn't realize my daughter signed me out of my Google account. Haha! She'd probably go for the chocolate raspberry, though. Just in case you were wondering. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...