Friday, June 14, 2013

Ha-gee-may-mahsh-day

Guess where I’m going??

I’M GOING TO…..

before I say where, I have to show you the after!
em113I’m dark! With a slight {accidental} ombre think going with my ends. And lest you think I’m really that white (though, I am really that white). I moved a little to the right and look at that! a little more color in the skin. Not so ghostly.

em112

Before and after side by side since I was told its subtle.
photo 3 (3)

I’m really loving the dark. It has a lot of dimension to it and even my old color comes through a bit and offers a little highlight here and there. Only a few people actually noticed at work so it made me think even more that it wasn’t as noticeable but every time I’d walk in the restroom I’d see myself in the mirror and think how obvious it was.

Speaking of work, today is my last day and I couldn’t be more relieved. If there ever was a long week in my life, it was this week. It drug on. It didn’t help that I thought it was Friday on Wednesday AND Thursday. Talk about a moral killer. Another killer is them believing things will fall apart once I leave so they’re piling on the work so I can get it all done before I go. Only thing is, its work that isn’t due for another 2 weeks that they think I should do.

Needless to say, I’ve been busy and pretty upset (since Tuesday) where I almost walked out without returning. I only stayed because I like the people in my office and I didn’t want to leave them in a lurch, but if I were in the main office, I would have walked out without looking back. I’m doing everything in my power to be kind and do as much work as my office is asking me to do, but its proving more and more difficult as I ruminate on Tuesday’s events.

I’m so thankful its over after today. That’s all I’ll say on the matter before letting it rest.

…back to where I’m going.

JAPAN!!!

I leave tomorrow!! I can’t even tell you how excited I am. It’s my first time there and I’ve been attempting to learn anything with the language and it’s proving harder than I thought. Ha-gee-may-mahsh-day, Emily des… is Nice to meet you, I’m Emily. …and well, that’s about as far as I’ve learned.

I cannot wait to see as much as I can about this culture. Just listening to the podcasts and videos to help learn has me so intrigued. I should be blogging while I’m there and I’m so eager to share the trip with you.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Did you think it was Hawaii?

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

Subtle yet awesome! ;)

YOU'RE GOING TO JAPAN?! OMG WHAT NEWS! THATS AMAZING! WOWZERS! GOLLY GEE!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday ;)

meme-and-he said...

So exciting!!!! That is actually the country I most want to go in the world...it seems so fascinating!! Can't wait to follow along!!
ps. love the new hair :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...