Monday, March 11, 2013

Mexico {part 1}

Hi friends, I’m back!

Mexico was so great, I can’t wait to tell you all about it. Free food, drinks and nightly delivery of gifts? How can it not be great!?

To ease the minds of those who were concerned (thank you by the way) I miraculously was almost 100% better the day before flying out. It was amazing how quickly it went away. That Thursday night, I drug myself at 11pm to the grocery store to get the stuff to make “magic mouthwash”, only I was so out of it, I ended up standing there for 10 minutes in a daze, unable to figure out what to get. I grabbed 2 things that I don’t necessarily think were supposed to be what I needed to get, but I mixed them together, gargled and went to bed.

The next morning, my friend dropped off coconut oil for me to gargle, which I did and voila, by mid day, I was almost completely better. After work, I gargled again, drove all the way to L.A (where I have a very scary story to tell later) and crashed in my hotel room at 12am, ready to wake up by 4:30.

I gave myself plenty of time to drop my car off at the parking lot, get on the shuttle to the airport and squeeze in breakfast… until I couldn’t find the parking lot and drove up and down the street for 15-20 minutes looking for it. I finally called them and the guy informed me it was directly across the street from my hotel. Directly. across the street. from my hotel.

I felt like an idiot.

The rest of the day was uneventful and I was happy to arrive at my hotel with G-man ready to greet me.
Here’s a peek at the hotel..

the view from our balcony.
em
Somebunny was glad to see us..
em2
em3
looking down at the lobby.
em1
I hope everyone had a great week while I was gone. Even though they had wi-fi, I maybe checked my email 3 times the whole week, and never bothered with my phone, and I have to be honest, it was the most wonderful thing. I’m reluctant to jump back into twitter and any other social media since its so nice not being weighed down by it all.

If you’ve taken a break from everything, did you have a hard time getting back into it? Or were you eager to catch up on everyone and everything?

{{and don’t forget! My Target giveaway ends tomorrow! if you haven’t entered yet.}}

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

LeAnna said...

Oh, so purty! Don't blame ya for not wanting to get back to social media. We're all just a bunch of crazy people. ;)

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you took a break from technology and relaxed! Missed you ;)

My-cliffnotes said...

I thought I won

angie on maui said...

Yay! I came here specifically to see if you posted a recap of your Mexico trip, but I got sidetracked by your Target giveaway (heehee). I hope to read more about this fabulous and impromptu trip of yours (lucky girl!).

And I know you are not directing this question at me:

If you’ve taken a break from everything, did you have a hard time getting back into it? Or were you eager to catch up on everyone and everything?

Because we both know my blog has been neglected over the last few months and is struggling in a BIG way...

angie on maui said...

P.S. This is totally random, but at church two weeks ago, we read through the first few verses of John 15 and I was totally thinking of you when our pastor spoke about "He is the vine/we are the branches". I just love that verse and love that it has always been the tagline of your blog. xo

Katie said...

That resort looks gorgeous!

I always find that I have to ease back into social media slowly after a vacation or break...its so overwhelming! :)

Megan said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures!! I want to go!!

Amanda Wissmann said...

love love love! Welcome back! (I know this was a few days ago but Im just catching up!)

...I try to catch up on the most current things, but it's hard to REALLY play catch up these days..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...