Monday, February 20, 2012

A thankful me - 7

Hello Monday! I say I’m happy today and looking forward to a great week, but its pretty much a lie. Tomorrow is ‘doomsday’ in my book…ok, a little dramatic, but I’m choosing dramatic over optimism today. I go home tomorrow. Back to Cali and naturally, none too excited about it. {obviously}

We already extended my trip once, (I was supposed to be back on Saturday) and we talked about pushing it back a few more days since he’ll be leaving Friday for the mainland, but it couldn’t happen, so Tuesday it is.

I know what you’re thinking….so please…don’t say it.

I’m just going to look back at the last week and think happy thoughts from those days, cause there really were a lot of happy moments…minus my mini breakdown right before our Valentine’s dinner, Wednesday. …what?? you don’t cry right before leaving for a romantic dinner? Weird, I thought everyone did.

This week, I’m thankful for:
- a 4 day weekend with my love. We drove around the first day, saw an aircraft carrier come into port, ate amazing crepes, then saw Chinaman’s Hat. More later, but here’s a sneak of the day.
em109

em112

G-man kept snapping pictures, so I started to get silly. After this pose, he stopped (albeit because of laughing!)
em110

- being here to help G-man with some important errands. ie. window tint for his truck and getting a spray in bedliner. If I could tell you how many times he’s said thank you..well..it would be a high number.
em111
- deliciously healthy recipes I’ve found, pinned and made. I’m planning on showing all the recipes with links because they’ve been absolutely delicious. And they’ve all been G-man approved.
- a 2nd nice dinner night with my love.
- island hopping. Yes…we went to another island. (more on where, coming soon)
- friends who pray for me. Its always such a blessing when I hear that.

What crazy things went on during your weekend? Do share, I’m in the mood for some great conversation!!

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Truly His said...

What a fun vaca!! I hope you get settled back into real life nicely. I understand the sadness of it sometimes. :(

Natalie said...

Enjoy your last day Emily! Pretty envious of that breakfast food... ;)

Unknown said...

If it's any consolation, I'm sad that you have to leave too...my jealousy aside. I'd want to stay forever if I was you. However, we can look forward to more photos of your trip...I hope! :)

LeAnna said...

I don't blame you for being sad when you have to leave. Not. one. bit.
{hugs}

Stephanie said...

I would totally be sad too if I were leaving! When will you guys get to see each other again? Hopefully soon!

Katie said...

Praying for you tomorrow :) And seriously, take me with you to HI next time!!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, those crepes look amazing!! YUM!!! Praying for your flight!

Unknown said...

My weekend...oh lovely three day weekends!
-happy hour with some of my fave ladies, later joined by a couple of guys
-the usual Sat. morning stuff (choir & adopt-a-block)
-oh yeah, nap. :)
- prepped for my first ever teaching at school of leaders!
-church & teaching at sol
-went to the college service...where after I got to hang out with that guy... :)
-coffee with a dear friend
-nap :)
-hang out with another friend
-ran for the first time in 2 months!
-made yummy dinner and dessert

That's my summary. Highlight? Hanging with the guy...
Sad that you are leaving Hawaii...one day, one sweet day, you won't have to leave anymore :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...