Monday, October 15, 2012

A thankful me - 39

It’s back to the grind for me today…and you, I figure. I had the best 3 1/2 days off! If ever there were days that needed to creep by and actually did, it was my 3 1/2 days off, and it was wonderful.

A trip wouldn’t be without stories, and this trip didn’t disappoint. I went to Las Vegas in case I didn’t mention it at any point, and I left Thursday afternoon. Leaving work early had me all sorts of excited as I headed to the airport. Walking toward the security check, I saw that I would be the only one there.

No lines, no wait..just a bunch of bored TSA agent’s standing around. I almost took a picture.

After sitting in what I thought was my terminal for 1 1/2 hours waiting for my flight, I decided to really look at the monitor that showed me I was in fact in the wrong area, not to mention floor. Thankfully I was still so early, it didn’t effect me in any way and it wouldn’t have mattered if it did because my flight got delayed thanks to the crazy thunder storms and flash floods that were going on in Vegas.

30 minutes later they announced we had literally 30 minutes to board and take off in order to make “the window” to land in Vegas, so we all needed to be quick and go straight to our assigned seats. Everyone sprang into action. Passengers sat down, moved out of the way, buckled up and were quickly filling up the plane. And then…the drunks came on board.

5 grown women who decided to start their Vegas vacation early got drunk at the airport and decided to take 5 other passenger’s assigned seats, so they could sit together on the plane. When the 5 other women came on board to claim those seats, the yelling drunk women weren’t wanting to give them up and told them to find other seats. Precious minutes are ticking by as the long line of passengers waiting to take their seats are growing impatient in the aisle.

After many passengers began yelling and screaming at the drunks, the 1st attendant finally forced the drunk women to take their original separate seats (much to their loud whining), and move out of the aisle so everyone could sit in order for us to leave. We barely made it out..and there may have been laughter when the flight attendant announced that they won’t be serving any alcohol to any passenger they believe to be intoxicated.

It was a good thing we got into Vegas when we did because the floods and hail came! It might be hard to tell but that is a river of water flowing quickly down my friend’s street that same night.
photo (51)
The hail came down harder than I’ve ever heard it. If I knew how to put the video from my phone on here to show you, I would. It was pretty crazy!

My schedule stayed pretty busy the entire trip but it was one of those great busies that I enjoyed.

photo (53)I’m so thankful I got to go. That work let me have it off. That I got to hangout with some beautiful fun women and eat fatty foods and load up on McDonald’s coffee with my 9 creams.

I’m so thankful I got to see a sweet friend I haven’t seen in 13 years and hold her precious 8 week old baby that fell asleep in my arms, and having my oldest be… I mean oldest “friend” lend me her car to drive around Vegas on my own.

I’m glad I’m home now. Back in the swing of things. To the normal and every day. Going on these short little weekend trips, help make these normal every day days better. A rejuvenation of sorts.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had an interesting time..I love Vegas and regard the time I spent there as some of the most special in all my travels.

Megan said...

I've never been to Vegas, but I've always wanted to go...even though it's not really "my scene." But holding an 8 week old baby sounds perfect!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I'm glad you had a good and interesting weekend! Did you see any shows? The shows are my favorite part of Vegas! That and the beautiful lights!

arielle elise. said...

Oh Vegas...very neat! So glad that you were able to go! (Minus the interesting plane experience.) It sounded like you had a nice time away from work. Have a wonderful week! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...