Monday, October 1, 2012

A thankful me - 37

Hi hi hi everyone!! It’s October and you  know what that means, right!? if you know, fill me in…

My weekend was insane-o.  I slept… listened to Michael Buble… took out the trash…twice! and had to wash the dishes! I’m not sure I’ll fully recover. In all actuality, I did do all those things but Saturday was a bit exhausting (as I yawns just typing that out).

em65I was at my friend’s house at 6:30am to do a sunrise shoot of them harvesting the raisins from their vineyard and afterward, I stayed to watch the baby while she went back out to work. My word, it was tough work. I was tired just watching them! Ok, I was tired in general from being up so early and then watching what had to have been the easiest baby on the planet. After carting him around in the Radio Flyer {note to self: invest in Radio Flyer for future} for a good 45 minutes, we went back inside and within 15 minutes, he came over to me on the couch. I pulled him up and 5 minutes later we both were passed out.

At some point, I jerked awake not sure where I was or what the heck was on me. Good thing I don’t flail my arms or anything since clearly he was still sleeping on me, but it certainly had my heart racing. Sleeping babies on me aren’t exactly an every day occurrence over here.
em64
Good thing he’s their 4th, because as I was standing up to take him to his crib, I managed to kick the loudest toy possible across their hardwood floor, while the 3 year old came in slamming the back door. Kid didn’t flinch once.

Here’s a glimpse of that morning..
emThis happens to be one of my favorites.

This past week, I have more than enough to be thankful for:
- Monday a co worker brought me chocolate and not 4 hours later another co worker brought me Starbucks, and a third co worker offered to buy me lunch. All for no apparent reason. I admit, I was a little more than suspicious.
chocolate
- later on in the week that 3rd co worker surprised me with lunch…but not before accidentally giving me his tongue burrito instead of my carne asada burrito. Yes, actual tongue! I made sure he removed the offensive burrito off my desk himself…all while thanking him of course.
IMG_3539
- potluck Friday commenced and the food was in abundance, and my cookies were eaten
- getting some nice accolades at work
- seeing the sunrise
- marking the 5th anniversary of our first date 

I realize most of my thankfulness revolves around food this week but my belly has been quite happy. How was your weekend? Did you catch the sunrise?

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

sandi said...

i know i know (raising hand with excitement)... october means it's my birthday month. although i have to wait 31 days for it.

oh, and the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were a hit with our small group bible study last night. as well as the children's teachers this morning. yeah, report cards are coming in a few weeks ~ i am not above making sure my kids are the teachers favorites.

the blogivers said...

I need to tell my co-workers (see: Davis) to start spoiling me like yours do!

Katie said...

Here's to hoping my new coworkers show that same kind of love! And really...that baby does look good on you ;)

The Heart Of A Woman said...

That baby is precious! Ok a tongue burrito??? Yuck! How does anyone enjoy that?

Amanda Wissmann said...

No sunrise here...although I do love a beautiful sunrise! It's just winter here. Blech!

LOVE all of the pics. Looks like such a fabulous weekend! And YAY coworkers! Fun stuff....minus the tongue. Ewwwww!

Happy Monday and HAPPY OCTOBER!

meme-and-he said...

that's an early morning, but NOTHING beats the beautiful sun at that time of day. totally worth it.

Natalie said...

I wish I had co-workers as nice as that! =D Love the vineyard photos!

My-cliffnotes said...

I missed sunrise but did eat/drink my ass off in Seattle!

Texting you in 2 seconds

Megan said...

What the heck is a tongue burrito?! Do I even want to know?? Probably NOT.

debjones:) said...

Awww! What me and mine would do for a real, true, live carne asada burrito from a Roberto's, Humberto's, or Alberto's... Oh, my stomach is growling now - or maybe it's the baby kicking... :)
btw - it's a boy! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...