Monday, April 29, 2013

Finding the happies

This weekend has been one of those weekends. Where good happened but so much frustration was mixed in. Rather than go on about the frustration, I’m going to focus on the happies throughout the week, because when 7 days goes up against 2 days, the 7 days will always win out.

- Tuesday, I was at my desk when a bunch of school kids, maybe 2nd grade, walked by our big office windows, and they started waving. I happily waved back and one girl said, ‘she’s pretty.’ and the other girls all started chiming in, ‘yes, she is pretty.’ and I just have to say, that made my day. They had no idea I could hear them.

- I scored 4 free lunches last week, and that will always make this girl exceedingly happy.

- Having my friend come over for a girl’s night in was such a pleasure. While waiting, it prompted “Philosophical Emily” to come out and say the following.

photo 1 (17)I haven’t always felt that way. For a long time when I was younger, it really would upset me, but it struck me while waiting for her (and having the extra time to do my dishes because she was running behind) that its useless getting worked up over it all. I would hope in the future any kidless friends would extend me the same courtesy.

- Since I’m on the topic of tweets, I inadvertently sent one out that was completely innocent however the moment I reread it a few minutes later, I saw it in a whole new light.. and it got its fair share of concerned and relieved replies…
photo 2 (17)
- I finally got to see Les Miserables this weekend and I’m happy to say that it will probable the only time I’ll ever watch it. It was good, but once is more than plenty.

- I went to Costco and next thing I knew my (though I have bought small amounts) 16 months of no official cheese buying has been broken. In a very very big way. Those are all Costco sized, mind you. I have good intentions with all of them, for instance, I did make Broccoli and Cheese soup from Peas and Crayons’s blog. And it was good, friends.
photo 1 (16)photo 2 (16)

- I signed up for The Typing Web and if you want to have fun typing as fast as your fingers can go and be timed while doing it, sign up! Maybe this is my geek side, but I have so much fun testing out how fast and accurate I can type on this website. They have every level and text imaginable. And they say you can get a certificate but I’m having too much fun, I haven’t gone for it yet. I want to get even faster before I get it.

- 2 things became obvious from Thursday’s post. 1) I am 100% in the minority on number 2 on the list.. thank you for pointing that out… and 2) a lot of us struggle with flossing!! I now have a 2nd accountability partner since then, and its been fun getting her texts of flossing. If you want, you’re more than welcome to join the flossing anonymous texting group (FATG). We do not judge you for the last floss you’ve done.

I feel the weekend downers getting washed away as I think of all these happies. (and yes, I realize ‘happies’ is not a word).

What good things can you see from your week or weekend that overshadow the crappies that wanted to drag you down?

--crappies and happies… I don’t know what’s gotten into me.

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I love your word, happies! I am glad you had so many happies this week!!! That tweet does sound like you want a baby :)

Callie said...

Ha, I love the FATG! I'm still confused about the baby tweet ...

Bethany G said...

Aww, I love how those little kids said you were pretty. That would totally make my day!

And, lol, Callie.. I feel like I'm still confused about the baby tweet too.... when you said baby leap did you mean like 'little' leap?
Lol.. I could be way off....

My-cliffnotes said...

Love the PSA

Anonymous said...

As the mother of 4 children (and, perhaps the friend to whom you were referring), I appreciate your patience when I am running late. God knows, I really am dying to get out of my house and have a grown-up conversation with a grown-up friend. Your willingness to overlook my crazy/hectic schedule, is only one of the reasons I love you so much. :)

I had a similar experience last week, with an impromptu compliment. I was standing outside of Jude's school, waiting for him to come out, when some random, young dude came up to me and said, "Wow. You look really beautiful, today." Not gonna lie. It made my whole stinkin' day. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...