Sunday, February 20, 2011

Aw man

Got to admit, it has not been a great past couple days. The grumpiness....well that came back with a vengeance, and stuck around for a good while.

I went to get my taxes done on Friday. I drove 3 hours in the pouring rain to my 'awesome' tax lady. Yes, I'm that dedicated to her. She has always pulled through. When I went to "another" one year, they told me I owed $3000. I choked back a cry, grabbed all my tax forms and left. I took everything to my awesome lady and she said I was getting $1000 back!

....and yes it was all legit. The 1st person failed to enter in my property taxes on my property. SO! Of course, I'm more than willing to drive to her to have the same treatment.

Well didn't work out so well. I made a couple financial mistakes last year and darn it all, I'm paying a pretty penny back to the loveliness that is...our government. Both of them in fact.

What a bummer! I took the news pretty well initially. What can I do about it? What's the point of freaking out and crying and throwing my body on the ground screaming, "Why God Why!?"

Darn it! I know why. But I did think I was going to slide by since I thought I could claim the loss on the sale I took. IRS has it in their minds to not let me do that. So as my friend who is an accountant confirmed for me today, I get to claim $3000 of the loss for the next 30 years of taxes.

Isn't that great!?!? NOOO! Boy I wanted to claim it all at once. Wouldn't that have been awesome!  So the damage has been done. I owe a bundle. And that bundle takes away pretty much my entire savings. I'm sure I can set up a payment plan and all that so I won't have to pay it all up front but talk about a lesson learned.

Needless to say, I, during all this have turned to God very little. I've wallowed and cried and moped and sulked. I was reminded all the time by people around me to seek Him, cry to Him, surrender it all to Him, that's what He wants. And I knew that, but getting to that point of 'talking' was hard.

It says in Proverbs 3:5-6 to; Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

Well I definitely haven't been trusting in Him because I've been stressed out and anxious and thinking of ways to 'fix' things on my own. Definitely not doing what Proverbs is saying to do. And let's just say, my paths are all curved right now.

However, they are getting straightened out! Slowly but surely... I'm confident of it, I'm confident in Him!


*Random Tip: Never go grocery shopping hungry...unless it's to Costco. Pin It Now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...