Sunday, April 10, 2011

All about the mushiness!

It's my sweet love's birthday today.

Happy Birthday G-man!!

So of course this will be all things him today. It is his day after all. 

Of the 4 birthdays he's had with me around I've only been able to spend 1 with him. Crazy right?

1st year, he was in Japan for work.
2nd year, he was in Florida for work.
3rd year, he was in Virginia for work..but I was there with him.
4th year, he's in X country for work. 

There's a pattern here...but that's the military for you. 

I love him more than anything and wish I could spend it with him but alas I cannot. I'm missing him like crazy especially when we don't get to talk every day or the normal 7 times a day plus all the texting. To say I'm going through G-man withdrawals is an understatement.

In honor of him I'll post probably the one and only picture of him...and even then...
I know he isn't keen on his picture being posted which is why I've never put one up. He likes his privacy. 
psst...that's him.
Did I ever tell you he used to fly these? Ummm yeah. That's my man. About 6 months before we met he transitioned into another field but I still swell with pride knowing he's so intelligent to fly.

He has his privates pilot's license too and has taken me flying before. I got nauseous, haha.

Maybe one day I'll tell the story of how we met. But for now, I will tell you that he is a gentleman through and through. 

On our first...well, I guess second, but our first official date...guess that's a story too, but any way. We went to San Francisco to see the Blue Angels for our date and had just finished touring Alcatraz. As we're walking down the long pathway, he asked if he could hold my hand. 

How could I say no?! I've wanted to hold his hand ever since. (cheesy? yes, but very true)

These are actually from our date. The tour guide took us 'behind the scenes' where no tour group goes...this is where Nicholas Cage jammed the needle in his heart in the movie "The Rock". Remember that?


He's kind, loving, gentle, funny, honest, thoughtful, caring, and everything else that I've dreamed of having. And just tall enough too...a major criteria to be truthful.

Being 5'11" I required him to be taller, and taller he is...by 1 inch. Juuuust right.

Oh, I wish I were there...or rather him here. It's a better place here then there, for sure!

I sent this to him while on his deployment and it still is true to this day...more than even then. 
Possible? yes!

Come back safely my love. I miss you beyond words and long for your company.

Have a happy birthday!!

Love,
E-dawg

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super precious. Happy BIrthday to him! I will keep you both in my prayers for a safe return.
Being in the military myself I know what it's like to have loved ones gone for so long. It makes us stronger =)

xo

arielle elise. said...

how awesome!
i totally have so much respect for military wive's ...i seem to complain if my husband is gone for one day....i mean really?! :)

prayers and thoughts for a safe return!

blessings!

Dilan Dilir said...

the last pic is wonderful!

Katie said...

Happy birthday G-man! This is such a sweet post, Emily!

Green Girl said...

What a sweet post!
Gentlemen are indeed hard to find these days!
I think every mom that has a boy has the biggest responsibility of all!

janine said...

Aww... I have to admit, he is pretty special. I'm so thankful & happy that all my kids have chosen such excellent & beautiful people (inside & out) to go through life with. So, to J., J., J., & J.(G.), love to you all!!

meme-and-he said...

awww so sweet!! Happy birthday to your love!!! Love that hand made sign :)

Unknown said...

Aww! Yay, I love the mushiness! Happy birthday to your man! I know you can't wait to see him again!

Tatiana said...

This is so sweet! Happy birthday to one lucky dude!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...