Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Decorate me happy

The day has arrived for all to see if my decorations really are as great as I made them out to be or if they fell flat.

I will let you be the judge. The ever so kind and sweet judge.

Is it weird I took 200 pictures of my decorations over a course of 4 days? Yes?? Well, forget I said that then… I would decorate, stand back, adjust and be satisfied…then the next day I would change things around, stand back, adjust and be newly satisfied….only to change it all around again the next day.

Well friends, I’ve banned myself from changing things again. Although, I want to add lights but this idea came post-banning...so therefore, no lights will be added. And I want to make an ornament wreath (yes, you heard me correctly) as my centerpiece on my dining table, but knowing me, I doubt I’ll actually do it. Who knows though.

So without further ado…oh but before I do, let me state that I’m not colorblind. I’m well aware of the colors of blue I’m sporting. My goal was to use Christmas decorations I already had without buying any new this year and this is what I came up with.

em1

em2

em3

Every year, my parents would get us kids an ornament that represented us from the year. I love this tradition and plan on continuing it for my future, which is why you see the F-18. I got that for G-man one Christmas and wrote his info on it just like his own jet, when he flew. I tilted it up to make it look like its taking off. (I’m corny, I know)
em4

em5

I hung ornaments from the ceiling this year and love how it turned out. However, as each day passed, I found I kept changing how it looked. I never realized before starting just how much they needed to look grounded to look good.
em6

They looked a lot worse before I put the wreath up, but you can see how they look lost without anything around them. It worked to a point with the garland framing it but it stopped short on each side of the tv and just seemed awkward.
em7

I finally decided to pin up both sides and prefer this the most. I think if I hung lights around the windows it might complete it but the ban and all. I’m enjoying the simplicity of this anyhow.
em8

My modest entry. {my dad built that bench for me, by the way}
em9

Now for my dining room. I was gifted with these lead crystal champagne flutes awhile back and until I get to properly use them, they work perfectly as a part of my decorations, I think.
em11

em12

After hanging the ornaments, I strung extra ribbon through them to have them drape down.
em10

em13

Now you’ve seen my happy decorations. I also have all the beautiful Christmas cards displayed on one of my walls so I can continue to see them and smile.

Have I mentioned I love this time of year? I love Christmas and the beauty of it all. The warmth, love, and {mostly} happy attitudes.

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Elle Sees said...

I think it turned out great! Love the ornaments from the ceiling.

the blogivers said...

Looks beautimous!

LeAnna said...

LOVE it! The ornaments from the window are cute!

Katie said...

you put my hodge podge decorating to shame!!!

Natalie said...

I love all the hanging ornaments! Oh-so pretty =)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! You did an amazing job!

Sam W. said...

come help me!!! you did such a great job. love the use of the flutes.

Unknown said...

Stunning decorations!

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love all of your decorations!

Anonymous said...

I have to add (since I can now leave a comment), that they look even better in person. Great work, Sensei!

Unknown said...

Your place looks so cozy! I love it!

My-cliffnotes said...

You'd be ashamed of my house, I have like 3 festive things and they are little. No holiday spirit it's bad!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, your dining room looks amazing!! It's definitely my favorite part!! I think they are definitely deserving of praise!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...