Friday, December 9, 2011

A touch here, a touch there

em310

Christmas has begun to show itself around my apartment. It may be all over my floors right now, but its still showing itself.

It took 3 days after setting it up to finally put the ornaments on the tree. Its an adorable tree. 3ft. high. I put it on a box and grabbed an embarrassingly too short skirt I own {and never wear, mind you} and used it as the ‘tree skirt’. Sadly…it fits around the box perfectly.

After putting all the ornaments on, I realized I hadn’t decorated it but there was no way I was going to start over, so haphazard strings of ornament bulbs are laced around it.

Its not my finest work.

I’m actually going to do something I saw on pinterest in my living room but won’t be able to do it until the weekend, so I’m going to keep it hush hush until its complete.

I admire all those design bloggers out there. Or anyone who has any design sense with their decorations. I feel right now, I have very little and my mantle is showing it looking beyond bare, right now.

Its been a funky week for me and I don’t feel like many words today, so I wish you all a wonderful weekend filled with twinkle lights.

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

LeAnna said...

I love mini trees. Sometimes I wish that's all we had here, it would take up a lot less room. ;) Then again, decor is not my forte. I mailed you somethin' yesterday. Hopefully it'll make it to you by Monday.

Been one of those weeks here, too. *sigh*

Sam W. said...

i love that you used your skirt for the tree!! genius. mini trees are the best. so cute :)

have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

I hope you post a photo! I'm sure it looks great!

Wishing you a happy and relaxing weekend! And I can't wait to see the other holiday decorations you come up with!

Tatiana said...

I love the look of little trees! I hope you share some pics with the rest of us :-)

Still praying for you girly. I hope you can get some rest this weekend and that next week will be better.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I love mini trees, that is so fun!

My-cliffnotes said...

Hey now debi downer your thighs are under 24 inches!! :)

Hope you're funk is gone cuz you're pretty awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...