Monday, June 18, 2012

A thankful me - 24

Welcome back everyone! Anyone eat those brats for me?? Would you believe I forgot I was craving those so bad until now…aaaand, I’m wanting them again, drats!

My weekend was jammed packed with stuff. Saturday consisted of being in a room full of Armenian women. If you’ve never been in a room with them, I can describe it in 1 word: LOUD. Ok, I have more words. They were really sweet and great, they make everything from scratch….and all talk very very loudly..and over each other…and in a different language. Picture the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding…that should put it all in perspective for you.

Some even did the whole screaming ‘la-la-la-la-la-la’ thing they do when they’re celebrating..you know what I’m talking about. My mind was pretty much blown the whole time I was there, and I drove the whole 35 minutes home in complete silence, no talking, no radio…just quiet.
I have to show you all they made, and this was only the beginning. The more that came the more that was brought. I had baba ghanoush for the first time!
photo (35)photo (38)

They did the fruit platter themselves, and I also had mulberries for the first time. I didn’t even know what they were. I actually thought they were some sort of sugared candy.
photo (36)photo (37)

Then Sunday was all about my to-do list and I have to say, I knocked that thing out! Well 90% of it. It took all day long to do. I was a machine. I’m so excited, I cleaned my back patio and scrubbed my chairs so I can actually sit out there. It only took almost 3 years, but I finally made it where I have a cushion on one of them and can enjoy my space.

So, with my crazy weekend, I’m thankful for:

- my patio cushion. Honestly, I’ve been peeking out my blinds at my new little sitting area. Just love it.
- my Dad. He’s a great dad, he is. I’m so thankful he’s still here to celebrate another Father’s Day with.
- fruit stands. I was able to hit one up on my way home from work and scored lots of fruit and veggies for super cheap!
- someone coming up with the cutest term for me: Adorkable..you know, adorable and dork put together? Adorkable. Is it odd that I love it??
- someone else thinking I’m stuck up upon first meeting me only to realize how fun and ‘adorkable’ I am. I probably should work on those 1st impressions a little more…or people could just stop judging me by the way I look…either way, I’m glad her opinion of me changed.
- $15 refund check for shipping. This girl loves a good refund check.
- making these delicious zucchini brownies! I know they ‘don’t sound right’ as Megan put it, but seriously, they are so so good. I used all natural peanut butter instead of almond butter and man oh man, they’re so darn tasty!
photo (11)


Fill me in on your weekends. Bake anything yummy?
- its been ages since I’ve baked anything, so it was nice to do…even if I will be the only one inhaling these.

What about your to-do list? Get anything crossed off? Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Baba ghanoush sounds very interesting!!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

The brownies are AMAZING! We had a veggie theme at our life group one week and one of my friends made them! It was one of the only things I could eat.

Daisy said...

Wow look at all that food! I have never heard of Zucchini brownies!

Katie said...

Fruit stands?! A definite perk of the west coast :) And way to go on that to-do list! I've had the same one for a week and seriously have zero energy to tackle it lately...send some of that gusto my way?!

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Oh...I have Zucchini sitting in my fridge. Excuse to make those brownies? I think so!! ;-)

meme-and-he said...

totally ate a brat in honor of you :) looks like you weren't lacking in good food this weekend!

GreenGirl said...

I need to make those brownies. Having major stomach pains lately so back on health kick!

Tabitha Mahoney said...

Are you mailing me some brownies? Yep great thanks.

xx

Jennifer Blair said...

What an experience with a group of foreign people! Ha! The food looks good though! I actually had a mulberry tree nearby growing up! :)

Megan said...

You should mail me some brownies, just so I can, you know, taste them and make sure they are right. : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...