Welcome back everyone! Anyone eat those brats for me?? Would you believe I forgot I was craving those so bad until now…aaaand, I’m wanting them again, drats!
My weekend was jammed packed with stuff. Saturday consisted of being in a room full of Armenian women. If you’ve never been in a room with them, I can describe it in 1 word: LOUD. Ok, I have more words. They were really sweet and great, they make everything from scratch….and all talk very very loudly..and over each other…and in a different language. Picture the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding…that should put it all in perspective for you.
Some even did the whole screaming ‘la-la-la-la-la-la’ thing they do when they’re celebrating..you know what I’m talking about. My mind was pretty much blown the whole time I was there, and I drove the whole 35 minutes home in complete silence, no talking, no radio…just quiet.
I have to show you all they made, and this was only the beginning. The more that came the more that was brought. I had baba ghanoush for the first time!
They did the fruit platter themselves, and I also had mulberries for the first time. I didn’t even know what they were. I actually thought they were some sort of sugared candy.
Then Sunday was all about my to-do list and I have to say, I knocked that thing out! Well 90% of it. It took all day long to do. I was a machine. I’m so excited, I cleaned my back patio and scrubbed my chairs so I can actually sit out there. It only took almost 3 years, but I finally made it where I have a cushion on one of them and can enjoy my space.
So, with my crazy weekend, I’m thankful for:
- my patio cushion. Honestly, I’ve been peeking out my blinds at my new little sitting area. Just love it.
- my Dad. He’s a great dad, he is. I’m so thankful he’s still here to celebrate another Father’s Day with.
- fruit stands. I was able to hit one up on my way home from work and scored lots of fruit and veggies for super cheap!
- someone coming up with the cutest term for me: Adorkable..you know, adorable and dork put together? Adorkable. Is it odd that I love it??
- someone else thinking I’m stuck up upon first meeting me only to realize how fun and ‘adorkable’ I am. I probably should work on those 1st impressions a little more…or people could just stop judging me by the way I look…either way, I’m glad her opinion of me changed.
- $15 refund check for shipping. This girl loves a good refund check.
- making these delicious zucchini brownies! I know they ‘don’t sound right’ as Megan put it, but seriously, they are so so good. I used all natural peanut butter instead of almond butter and man oh man, they’re so darn tasty!
Fill me in on your weekends. Bake anything yummy?
- its been ages since I’ve baked anything, so it was nice to do…even if I will be the only one inhaling these.
What about your to-do list? Get anything crossed off? Pin It Now!