Wednesday, July 18, 2012

If you really knew me…

YES! I’m jumping on this too. I have no doubt the majority of you have seen this going around, if not done it yourself. I think it’s absolutely a lot of fun, and couldn’t NOT do it, myself.

em73
If you really knew me…

>> you’d know I’ve moved 24 times and foresee many more to come.

>> you’d know I’ve gone on major spending sprees in the past, plunking down $500-$2300 in a day but I no longer do that.

>> you’d know the first pair of designer jeans I bought 8 years ago for $218, are jeans I still own and wear to this day.

>> you’d know my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip (the green kind).

>> you’d know I hardly ever wore shorts in my 20’s because I thought my legs were too chunky. How stupid was I?!

>> you’d know I now own 9 pair of shorts and the number continues to grow.

>> you’d know I had no intention of staying in my current apartment for more than 6 months and even told my landlord this…but still find myself here almost 3 years later.

>> you’d know I sell lia sophia jewelry and am darn good at it.

>> you’d know that every time I step inside my dark apartment late at night and close the door, I imagine someone coming out of the darkness and attacking me.

>> you’d know that G-man believes I’m addicted to chapstick. And on the off chance I have him hold it for me while we’re out, he won’t give it to me when I ask for it because he thinks it’s “helping me” break the habit.

>> you’d know I used to always be in chat rooms back in the 90’s (when they used to be cool). But only the clean ones. I’d always leave when things got inappropriate.

>> you’d know I’m an open book and have never been good at hiding my emotions.

>> you’d know in college I had a running bet with a guy friend on who would cry first. and that 1 1/2 years later on the phone, he was telling me of his breakup and mentioned he cried, to which I cut him off and yelled, ‘haha you cried, you lose!’ I’ve never been prouder of myself.

>> you’d know I now cry over every little thing. Happy, sad, laughing, depressed, angry. You  name it, I instantly choke up…and that I blame age for this.

>> you’d know I hate to stand and talk to people without some form of support against me, like a wall, a car, a counter. Without it, I’m miserable (physically and mentally).

>> you’d know I have very morbid bathroom dreams that always involve one or more people one way or another watching me go…*cough* number 2. Different settings, different people, different languages (like Russian) but a constant dream for the past 17 years.

I had to end on a good note.. *ahem*




16

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Natalie said...

That last one had me laughing so hard I almost choked on my bagel... you shoulda warned me ;) Yes, the crying thing. It's like someone flips a switch on and the next thing you know crying become your norm.

the blogivers said...

Ha, I actually have that dream a lot, too! Like, at least once a month probably!

debjones:) said...

Let's see, I'm trying to calculate how long we've known each other, maybe 10-11 years? And waaaay back at VCA you used to carry around your chapstick in your scrubs pocket. Funny the things we can remember, eh?

LaLa said...

HA! I hate those kind of dreams!!!

By the way I nominated you for the Liebster Award at this link on my blog!!!

http://auntlala25.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award-whoohoo.html

The Heart Of A Woman said...

You always make me smile! I love the honesty!

sandi said...

oh heavens! seriously, the children are looking at me like i am crazy as i laugh over the crying admission... i'm proud of you too. i have two lia sophia rings (the big black/silver flower ring i wear all the time!) that i adore and get compliments on every time i wear them. mint chocolate chip fan here too (does that cancel out the basketball comment from the other day?)

Chantel said...

Haha, I love this! Especially the part about people coming out of the dark and attacking you -I always think that too! So nice to know that I'm not alone.

Rach said...

Oh wow! And I thought I had moved a lot in my lifetime! And girl, I hear you on the Chapstick thing! I am right with ya. ;)

Lisa said...

Gosh.... that's a lot of info to process!!

Happy birthday month gorgeous!!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Funny, I grew up in Florida, always wearing shorts. It wasn't until I started getting into fashion that I ever realized the weren't "cool". I still wore them anyway (and am happy they are back in fashion).

Also, I am surprised at how easily I choke up over commercials, movies, tv shows. It seems to have gotten worse as I have gotten older. Don't let there be a dog in the commercial. I am a goner.

*Erin

My-cliffnotes said...

Chapstick is so important it's like air!

No crying contest love it

Megan said...

Okay, those dreams are awkward. Haha. And I love that you yelled out that he lost right in the middle of his breakup drama. Haha.

Megan said...

omg have had the same bathroom dreams!! this is obviously not surprising considering my bathroom issues..

and i also hand standing and talking without support!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...