Its safe to say when the weekend is nice and relaxing, I don’t dislike Monday as much. That’s true for today. Truthfully, I don’t normally dislike Monday any way. Sure it’s the start of the work week, but it isn’t the end of the world. My weekend was great. Did I really do anything? No. But that’s what makes it great for me.
Among some extra special things, of course.
Saturday, I puttered around the apartment, sipping on my coffee, enjoying the fact I had no where to be or nothing (beyond cleaning) to do. Texting and talking to G-man off and on while lounging on my couch. He asked if I was going anywhere or hanging at the apt. all day (making ‘convo’ as he claimed) when a good 30 minutes later, I see a guy walking through the complex (I have a view of the entrance) with flowers in his hand. He turns toward my door and I said (to myself) what is this!?
Flowers. for me. from the love.
It took a good hour for it to click why he asked if I was hanging out. I should have known with the ‘making convo’ bit something was up. But I was so happily surprised.
Later that night, my sister in law who just got skype a week ago, wanted to skype. I can’t even tell you how excited I was. They live far away and I haven’t seen them in 2 years. The second I logged in, it was already ringing and my brother was sitting on the other end…not knowing what he was doing. A minute later their video was up and there sat my brother, their youngest and my sister in law.
she could very well kill me for this picture, but I thought it was hilarious. they were so cute
I can’t even explain how hilarious it was. It was only their 3rd time ever skyping and my niece was loving seeing herself on the computer. She kept making faces and waving. The kids were kind of tripping that I was on the computer talking to them. They took me on a tour (even though I’ve been there) down into their theater room since their 10 year told them at 10pm, he was bringing friends over for a movie night.
It was a blast and I can’t wait to do it again. Its so nice having the kids see me as opposed to them not knowing who I am when I call for birthdays. Technology is amazing.
I’m thankful for:
- finally finally finally editing a friend’s pictures from mooooonths ago. Somehow she doesn’t hate me
- finally getting on my 2nd friend’s pictures to edit…from months ago #slacker
- getting beautiful thoughtful flowers from my love
- a nice recovering weekend after an insanely busy work week
- online shopping. Its so convenient…its too convenient
- a fun part time job where I can make people laugh all night long
- signing up with Redbox and within a week’s time getting 3 free blueray movie rentals.
- skyping with my family, even if my nephew had more important things to do than say hi to his aunt…boys. I heard him ask my brother, ‘is that your sister?’ …uh, or your Aunt, buddy! At least the girls loved me
- getting a clean bill of health from my new dentist and getting a thank you gift for choosing their practice
- recovering this sad wilting basil plant from the grocery store and giving it a fresh start. I cannot wait for fresh basil!
- mom pinning how to properly trim a basil plant so that I can make sure it grows and grows.
- all of you for giving me unforced compliments last week. It really wasn’t my intention when I posted about it last week so know they were all genuinely appreciated!
I think that’s the most I’ve been thankful for in a long time. What about you? Keep the flow going and fill up the comments with your thankful hearts.
O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, For his lovingkindness is everlasting. 1 Ch 16:24
in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ. 1 Th 5:18