Monday, September 17, 2012

A thankful me - 35

Welcome to the start of a new week…minus a day.. you know, Sunday.

The weekend came and went and wouldn’t you know I was a social butterfly a lot of it. Ok, sort of, ok not really. If you call having 2 girls come over to my apartment to get pictures and chit chat with me then yes I was quite the social butterfly.

Although, now that I recall, I did go to a friend’s house to give her her family pictures I did back in May, which coincidentally she was pregnant and didn’t know it then. Kinda fun.

She’s now 19 weeks and as cute as can be. Sadly, the day before her baby shower, she got home with her 2 kids and while unloading the kids, noticed her dog barking at their front door. Normally, he greets her but he wouldn’t stop barking. Instantly she knew something was wrong. She looked up at a second story window and saw a curtain was pulled back that she knew she closed before leaving that morning.

She immediately loaded the kids back in the car and called the police. Her house was getting robbed at that very moment. By the time the cops arrived, the guys were long gone, but not before trashing her whole (freshly cleaned for the shower) house. They took some very precious things of hers and her husband’s and even after it being over a week since it happened, I know it still affects them.

I’m thankful they’re alright and didn’t walk in on them. I don’t even want to think of that scenario. They’re a little more paranoid right now, which is understandable and hopefully over time will be able to go back to a normal state.

Speaking of ‘things’ being taken, I came across this website called TinEye reverse image search. It allows you to put in your picture URL or your website and see if your pictures are being used anywhere else other than your blogs. I thought it was pretty great considering a lot of us have been concerned with our images and even lives being taken and recreated.

On top of spending time with friends this weekend, I scored some awesome new FALL candles. 2 for $20, anyone?! Thank you awesome deals! I’ve burned the Marshmallow Fireside and it is divine! Subtle yet delicious!
photo (49)
Also, since its my house and I’ll do whatever I want, I listened to Christmas music as well. Michael can sing in my house anytime.photo (50)

I hope you had a fall-esque weekend yourself. You know it’s officially official this coming weekend, right? Fill me with your weekend happenings! Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Chantel said...

That website that lets you see if your photos are being used is so interesting! Thanks for the share!

Amanda Wissmann said...

Yikes! That's so scary :( Hope the trauma passes soon and they feel comfortable in their home again. So sad it was on shower day :(

Ummmm YES PLEASE!! Those both sound like they smell amazing! Mmmmm!

hehe! Christmas music. I can't listen to it yet because we are going to be in the states for Christmas for the first time in 3 years and I will absolutely go insane with excitement! I at least need to get through Judah's birth..then I will introduce him to christmas music :)

LaLa said...

I hate to hear that about your friend! How awful! I would definitely feel violated.

Didn't do much of fall. Except we have the windows open almost all afternoon! Thats fallish right? :)

Lisa said...

Gosh I am so sorry for your friends. When I first read the post I kinda skimmed over that part and it was only when I went back up to the top of the post that I realised I am not on a South African bloggers page but an American one.

I realised just how jaded I have become because crime is served on a constant basis here and then some.

I truly pray they will recover from their experience and be able to enjoy their home and their space again.

Unknown said...

Wow, so sorry for your friends. This is the umpteenth time I've heard about someone's home being broken into lately! So sad.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your friends - I can't imagine the emotional damage that an event like that causes, especially for the kids. At least the family is safe and she was cautious enough not to go inside the house. Thanks for sharing that website also, what a great resource!

Stephanie

Natalie said...

Score with the candles and the music! =D I need to get myself some pupmkin scented ones here soon!

My-cliffnotes said...

Pumpkin spice yes please!

Christmas music is always welcome!

Kate Harvey said...

How scary about your friend's home being robbed. She must be an amazing woman and mama to have recognized that something was up and to protect her kids.

On a happier note, cute fall candles :)

Megan said...

I'm one step ahead of you...I've been lighting Christmas candles! Haha!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...