Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Filling them in

I felt compelled to show you just how much filling in {my} eyebrows really makes a difference. Since quite a few of you mentioned you don’t do it, I thought I’d let you see how it can change the look making it more complete, so to speak.

When I took the first set of pictures, I did it with greasy hair and after only one cup of coffee. Not something I recommend doing (the only having one cup of coffee first, that is). To say I looked like a hot mess is an understatement. What’s sad is I even had my ‘full makeup’ on minus the ‘eyebrows’. So after quite a bit of inner turmoil of, ‘to show myself as the less than perfect person that I am, or maintain my pristine image on here’, I made the judgment call to retake them the next morning.

Eyebrows are the first thing I do in the morning, which now that I think of it, maybe shouldn’t be. I’m barely half awake when I’m doing them, but none the less they are. I brush them first before filling them in, then brush again to smooth them all out.

First picture is of them not brushed or filled in and as you can see, they’re just messy.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok, I can’t believe I’m doing this but you need to see what my messy eyebrows look like without grooming, which means showing the hot mess picture.
em82…my point has been proven.

Second is of them brushed only. A little better but still sparse in some areas and still not quite looking as good as they can. My face doesn’t have the shape I’m wanting.
em84
The third and final has them completely filled in. Completing the whole look for me that I’m going for.
em83em85em86
Do you see the difference? It’s a big difference, right?! Even if you don’t fill them in at least brush them. It will keep them from being all kinds of crazy.

What’s your eyebrow routine? Since a lot of you don’t fill them in, do you have something else you do for them? Also, did you know, if you tweeze your eyebrows too much, the hairs won’t grow back, therefore leaving you with thin to non existent eyebrows!??

Pin It Now!

15 comments:

sandi said...

you are a beautiful hot mess... and i don't mean that in a wierd way! those were your words you know! even though your brows were messy i did notice the curled eyelashes ;-) and yes, i curl mine even when toilet cleaning is the only thing on my list.

Kate Harvey said...

They look beautiful! My eyebrow secret is getting them threaded--gives them the most amazing shape! But since I moved out of the city I haven't been able to find a threading salon and I miss my perfectly arched eyebrows! I'll have to keep looking....



Anonymous said...

Your hot mess picture is the furthest thing from a hot mess! Your brows look great, I think penciling them in helps to give them extra shape and that nice arc. I've never thought to pencil my brows in but now I kind of want to try. You're so pretty Emily!

Stephanie

Lisa said...

Hot mess......I think you need to worry less about your eyebrows and more about your eyes!!

You look stunning!!

LaLa said...

I wish my "hot mess" picture looked like yours. Your eyebrows do look amazing! I do not have an eyebrow routine. Never have. Maybe I should though... hmm

Unknown said...

I do it to, very slightly, but you can tell there's a difference.

meme-and-he said...

It is a big difference! I think since I work with old people, I see VERY badly done eyebrows, and it has scared me away from the whole thing. But I love the way yours look!

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

You look beautiful, sista!! And your eyes are GORGEOUS!!! Giirl, I'm the queen of over-tweezing my brows! In fact, they're over-tweezed right now! lol.... Just this morning I told myself I gotta leave 'em alone and let them grow back in before I get to the point where they'll never be the same again. (sigh)

Anonymous said...

I think you are beautiful, either way. Truthfully, the filling in only makes your eyebrows more perfect than they already are. Did you know that every time we have face to face time, I am always(not exaggerating, here), ALWAYS thinking to myself, "She has the most amazing eyebrows! How does she do it?" True story. So, tell me, how DO you do it? I wanna know.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Not that this is important or has anything to do with this post, whatsoever, but I am totally gnoshing on that broccoli dish you got me hooked on while I'm typing this. How's that, for random? :)

Katie said...

Very very impressive. Meanwhile, I'm still trying tame my unibrow over here :) but seriously, I'm so impressed with your grooming habits. I need to gain somemore... ha!

My-cliffnotes said...

Clear gel to brush the brows that's it

carissa said...

i really do think you look great both ways. i have to fill in, too. yes, i found out the hard way about eyebrows not growing back. hence, the need to fill in. : (

Megan said...

I actually can't see a difference after the brushing! They look amazing! I don't do anything to mine. I'm just glad that you don't over tweeze your eyebrows! Those scare me. Haha!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I can't see much of a difference. You look beautiful either way! I don't see any mess!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...