Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Prepare for immediate melting

Just like Megan said yesterday with her need to get her baby fix, when I need my kiddie fix, I make sure I visit my nieces and nephew.
em10

I was able to visit them last Friday and its always a treat to see how excited they get to see me. I always feel like they’ll look at me, roll their eyes and say, ‘pssshh, its just Auntie, no big.’

::they’re 5 and 6::

But they don’t. They squeal AUNTIE! run and hug me or play coy until I hound them for my hug. I had only intended to stay for a little bit but as the evening wore on, my nephew comes out from inside the house and asked me if I would stay for dinner.

Well, melt my heart, how could I tell him no?!
em4

The kiddies and I stayed outside in the front yard, which is a big deal for me being out in the front yard, and we played all while my brother in law cooked dinner. (my sister was at the gym)
em3

We had a blast. A true blast. Beside the fact the baby fell down the steps right next to me (bad Auntie), and my nephew getting his handle bar right in his hip flexor, all went beautifully.
As they prepared their pose…
em9

She stayed on the porch, straining to see what she was missing out on.
em6

So, I gave her some attention
em5

and let her have fun with the others.
em8

em2

This sweet one is a darn near spitting image of my sister.
em7

I’m very glad I stayed for dinner and got a few more hours with them. I left with a warm heart and great memories.

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

awwww, they are sooooo cute!!! gotta love kiddos!

at least you got your kiddie fix for the time being ;)

the blogivers said...

Those are some cute kiddos!

Natalie said...

utter cuteness! =) OK, I tried fixing the comment thing again. Hopefully it should work this time. Followed those instructions exactly =)

carissa said...

awwww! i'm so glad you have them close to get some kid lovin'!!! they have the prettiest blue eyes.

Sam W. said...

100% adorable! love the pics.

Anonymous said...

i would like to have kids now please! Baby fever at the all time high!!! ;)

Pretty Zesty said...

They are so cute!!!

Laura Elizabeth said...

So sweet! I can definitely see why they would cheer you up.

Plus they are beautiful photos, I'm sure you guys will cherish those photos when the babies are all grown up.

Stephanie said...

So sweet! My brother and sister-in-law are having a baby next month and I CAN'T WAIT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...