Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear Jillian Michaels, I now understand

I understand why you yell at people. I still don’t care for it, but I now fully and completely understand.

I’m working someone out. I know its lame, but I can’t talk too much about it, but they need help.

Enter ME.

There have been quite a few people who have referred to me as “Jillian Michaels” as I describe the workouts and my demeanor to them. Some in a good way…some not so good way.

But I don’t yell….but I can see where I could…

It can be frustrating listening to all the complaining and excuses being made, but I’m learning to not care and push them even harder. harsh? I don’t think so. But I know they think so. Maybe I’ll create a different approach.

I used this line the other day after they stopped in the middle of a set, ‘the longer you stop, the more we’re going to do.’ Needless to say we doubled that set.

Moving on…

I find a little pleasure in working people out. I’m not sure if I could do this as a full time thing, but I like knowing we’re both getting the benefit since I’m kinda getting a workout in too. And to see them go further than they did the day before or do more then they thought they could do is encouraging. But I get too emotionally involved I think. I get frustrated too easily at the lack of desire intensity devotion commitment to it.

A month ago I set a goal to work out 5 days a week. I’m doing really good. Now if you saw it, I said 6 days, but that proved too much for me and stuck with 5. 3 weeks in I was doing great, 4th week I got completely burned out by it and did I think 4 days. Thankfully with me working this person out, it’s enabled me to keep working out, albeit later in the day.

I admit, I’ve only done Ab Ripper X once in a week. But since I’ve worked out, my abs are rocking!
em156

And my most difficult area, my legs are coming along too. Even my mom commented that she can tell they’ve toned up and my cankles aren’t so cankl-ee anymore. They’ve actually thinned down…since my calves have also thinned down. I’m so stinking happy at that report! It’s so hard for me to tell looking down on them.

I’ve slacked off on the push ups too, but I did 100 the other day and about died! This push up app that I have on my phone is destined to kill me.

I only have a few more days of hard workouts to do before I have my surgery so I really want to stay consistent with them all the way up to the end when I have to take a few weeks off. So here’s to pushing hard!!

How are you doing with your workouts??

Pin It Now!

16 comments:

the blogivers said...

That's about what my stomach looks like right now... give or take a couple of love handles, a weird vertical line down the center of my belly, and A LOT of flab :) Yay babies!

Michelle said...

Are you doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred??? I have wanted to try that workout!!! Your abs look AWESOME!

Katie said...

um...what?!?! I need to start doing Ab Ripper if those are the results!

Tatiana said...

You could bounce rocks off that body of yours!
I haven't worked out in, let's see, about two yrs. I keep on saying this everyday, but I seriously need to get by fluffy butt up and start getting into a routine

Unknown said...

Love the abs. I used to have them...haha. I've been trying to do yoga, but that hasn't happened in a week or so...

Anyway, thanks for the reminder that I need to get back on track! I feel so much better when i do!

Unknown said...

Wow! It's so encouraging to see some results! I just ordered a Jilian Michaels DVD and can't wait to try it out!

Megan said...

wait a hot second. those abs are insane.you may have actually managed to motivate me to work out..and girlfriend, that is NO easy feat.

Green Girl said...

Good GOD you look great!
I did Jillian a year ago and was crippled for several days.
Kudos for you keeping up the workout regime!
They say that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit.

Ashley said...

ummmmm, can i have your abs please??? geeezzz, girl! you look great! ugh - so jealous over here :p lol

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

Whoa! Your abs are awesome! Nice job!

Megan said...

Abs? What are those? I've never seen mine. Haha.

So proud of you, girl!!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding! That's awesome. Ok 2nd time this has been recommended. Time to do it!! :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

angie on maui said...

ROCK those abs, Em! You've worked hard for them, you look fantastic and you are inspiring everyone who crosses this blog! Great job, my friend!

I *heart* Jillian. I'm so sad she's left the Biggest Loser...and I secretly wish that she were my personal trainer. I would gladly put up with her screaming in my face and reducing me to tears if it meant that she could whip my body into shape!

Unknown said...

Well, I am doing okay with my workouts...haha, I say okay because I got off track a couple of times. But the most important thing is to get back on track, right? And is it embarrassing that I put stickers on a calendar to remind myself of when I've exercised? (They are star stickers!) I think the best part is that I have started jogging...I hate running...but I know it's good for me. I just have to keep at it.

Great job! Those abs look awesome! I can't even imagine you having cankles...what's even funnier is that I am pretty sure my ankles are the only skinny part of my body! :)

Anonymous said...

Abs? What are those? I've never seen mine.
Congrats to you!!!

Erin Pasillas said...

I am entirely positive that my abs look EXACTLY like yours... underneath this giant baby belly that is!!! New to do list order... 1. Hang out with Em 2. Have kid 3. Find time after kid to make Em my personal trainer... now how's that for aspiration!?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...