Friday, May 20, 2011

Let’s all set a goal, shall we?


Last week I yelled at myself. I wasn’t being the most fair, but yelled none the less. Does anyone else yell at themselves? Be honest.

I workout inconsistently. A day here, a day there and I think it shows. Mainly in the hipple region. (what? you don’t call it the ‘hipple region’?) Ok, the hips and thighs area.

That’s my problem area and we’ve never gotten along. So even though all last week I was gone watching crazy puppies, I was still upset with myself for not being in the tip top shape that I believe I should be in.

total side note: my body building friend/personal trainer informed me years ago, in her opinion, that I had B.I.D. Body Image Disorder. What I see is not what others see. Well duh, of course we all see ourselves in the icky mirror on occasion.

Any way, I know what I look like yet I prefer to be a lot more toned. Hence the ‘goal setting.’ I have no excuse to not work out…beyond the feet of course. I have plenty of time in my day that at any part of it I could go out and get ‘er done, but I opt for 1st in the morning because otherwise I’ll never do it. I know me.

So, I’ve set a goal (and a plan) for myself beginning this week:
M-W-F I’ll wake up and go to the high school track and do my workout. Then come home and do a legs video (to speed up the toning process, the track workout isn’t showing me results fast enough).

T-TH-S I do the P90X Ab Ripper X DVD plus a bunch of push ups and dips.

I’ve worked out every day this week and feel great about it! My ultimate goal is to pretty much look like these ladies. seriously. (let’s all note how much I don’t like Jillian Michaels, but I can’t deny she’s in phenomenal shape)


My main focus are my legs, they have the most work to do. My arms could be more toned and abs I want to maintain.

So I’m putting it out there. To keep me accountable to workout and get toned. My goal is to maintain the healthiest fittest body I can for the remainder of my days, and I’ve seriously starting as of Monday…I’m not getting any younger (as I get told regularly) and you know what they all say. Once you hit 30 your body does this weird change and when once you could bounce back you can’t anymore.

Well Baby, I’m going to make sure I don’t need to “bounce back!”

If anyone wants to join me with their goals, you’re more than welcome. Feel free to tell me them in the comments and we can keep each other accountable. Don’t not want to put it out there. It’s just time for me to stop dilly dallying.


I hope every single one of you awesome ladies have a fabulous weekend. My life gets crazy as of Sunday so I’m going to soak up today and Saturday as best as I can before it all begins.

Images via pinterest 1.here 2.here 3.here 4.here 5.here

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

You can do it! I workout a lot. Ever since I started running consistently I've tried to incorporate circuit training on my off days. My trainer has def helped me with the toning area. I love the feeling after a great workout and I don't feel guilty for eating something bad anymore. lol

meme-and-he said...

dang girl! You can do it. My husband does ab ripper x three times a week and I can't even stay in the same room because it is so intense and scary. One time a tried to do it with him and made it about 5 minutes. wah wah. I have been trying to do zumba at least three times a week, and that is a good and FUN workout!! keep us updated on how things go!

Katie said...

Easy solution: move to Indiana! We can be workout buddies! :) But seriously, want to keep me accountable? I'm trying to establish more of a routine, especially with my new gym membership!

also, when you wrote 'hipple' I read 'nipple'. And thought, "Um, how do you even work that part of your body out?" Then I totally thought you were weird, until I reread it :)

Tatiana said...

I HATE WORKING OUT! Once I start doing it I don't mind it as much. I actually want to do the P90X video workout. Brandon tried it and for the first couple of times he threw up from it. I wasn't able to do it at the time because I was pregnant, but now, I would actually give it a try. You know, just to prove him that I'm stronger than him. Yes, I've got a bit of a competitive issue going on.
And if you keep working out like that, you'll be looking hotter than those women in no time.

Denise said...

haha i never work out, so i admire your dedication :) i'm a bum. it's a bad habit though!!xx

Mamarazzi said...

i really love that "a goal without a plan is just a wish" LOVE

Dilan Dilir said...

great written!

Megan said...

Great plan!! I have figured out that a plan is the only way that I will eat better and work out. Usually it doesn't happen. You have inspired me. I want my body to look like that, too!!

arielle elise. said...

this is such a good idea and a great plan! i really need to stick to a schedule when working out as well....i just...don't really like working out too much :P

Sam W. said...

go girl...you rock!! after this weekend of indulgence, i need to set some serious goals.

Laura Elizabeth said...

Oh, I am in the exact same boat as you... well sort of. I am very hard on myself and my body- and I am so inconsistent with my fitness routine. I also need to set some goals!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...