Thursday, May 26, 2011

And the winner is…ME!

I’m a winner of a couple things actually and I. feel. special!!

First, I’m the winner of knowing I’ll be having surgery again.

Yep, the dr. I went to on Tuesday said a whole bunch of stuff but in summery:
My nerve endings (where they were cut off) are firing neurons all over the place hitting everything around them, which is causing me so much pain and the sure fire way to fix them is by having surgery again.

Only THIS TIME the difference will be, he (the new Dr., Dr. W.) will be tucking those nerve endings into the muscle so the neurons will have a place to go. (something Dr. P. DID NOT do)

You’d think I’d be hanging my head saying, no, please no more surgery. But seriously, I’m looking forward to it. Weird, right? I know it’ll suck. I hate not being able to move, being in the amount of pain I’ll be in for however long, but I truly believe it will be SO different from my other surgeries.

When Dr. W. came in the room, he apologized for making me wait so long. (it was literally 3 minutes). He said he took so long because he was reading my entire history I brought in for him and he felt like he knew me before even meeting me. (I like to be detailed, what can I say)

Though he’s sure Dr. P. did his ‘job’ he doesn’t think Dr. P. did the final step of tucking the nerves into the muscle and instead just left them there ‘hanging.’ AND ALL the injections Dr. P. was doing only made the nerves more angry and stronger which is why I’ve been in so much pain for so long. Injections that Dr. P swore were the trick to fix.

I’m a little frustrated at this. Maybe Dr. P. really believed they would work, even AFTER all the times I told him they made things worse, but at what point do you LISTEN to your patient and set aside the $$ you see in your eyes and stop doing something that’s CLEARLY not working, and not suggest more more more?!?!

Any way, I’m to call the office to schedule the surgery date for both feet. I have to figure out how much it’ll cost first…see if I can reactivate my insurance beforehand or if it’s ‘cheap’ enough to pay the full amount out of pocket. We’ll see.

Thanks for all your prayers with this. I really appreciate all your concern!

Now for the other thing I won. I won a giveaway!! Hip hip hooray. I love that.

Over at sidewalkready I entered for an Africa picture she took, and I won!! I can’t wait to get it. It’s my first giveaway I’ve won. It really made my day.
Isn’t it pretty!? It’s so vibrant, I can’t wait to find a place to hang it. (hopefully she doesn’t mind me borrowing the picture to show you)
via

Well today I’m heading to my next friend’s house for her birthday party. She’s turning the big 2-9 this weekend and we’re having a slumber party at her place tonight then wine tasting tomorrow where I finally get to meet her boyfriend! Big deal over here! Can’t wait to show you all the pictures from both nights! Should be a blast. Us and wine = way too much fun.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Sam W. said...

well...i'm glad you feel good about this! sounds like the new dr. knows what is going on and how to fix it. and that picture is just lovely - congrats on the win :)

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

Congrats on winning the photo - it is beautiful! I hope this surgery really does help you! And have a great time at the party, sounds like that won't be a problem! :)
-Amy

Megan said...

Awww, I'm really glad that it seems like this doctor has a better plan!! I'll be praying for you!!

Have fun at your slumber party! That sounds like SO much fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...