Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Have you ever

Today’s my last day with the doggies…and cat. Well, sorta. I agreed to go back over the weekend while she’s out. But this ends my week with them. It’s bittersweet.

Have you ever rode a 4 wheeler to and from school for 2 weeks straight?
- Yes, does this make me a hick? I did live on a farm miles from town. I was 14 and my parents drove my sister cross country to college so my brother rode his dirt bike and I got the 4 wheeler. And for the record: it’s 4 wheeler, not quad!

Have you ever almost passed out while shooting a shotgun?
- Yes, I was in a 2 weeks weapons training and we had fired nearly 100 shotgun rounds and I had a major celebration the night before that might have involved some ‘dehydrating beverages’ and missed breakfast. So add together the beverages, skipped breakfast, heavy emotions and pressure to shoot accurately in a line of men (can we say, only female?) that it all caught up to me.

I had to turn, get another’s attention telling him he had to take the gun before I dropped. He grabbed it quickly and they led me to a rock to sit and gave me water. They said I looked like death. –gee thanks.

I went to the restroom since my body wasn’t happy (er, sorry for the tmi) and took my time in there. I kept my ears in, from the noise of the gunfire and didn’t realize they were banging on the bathroom door to see if I was ok. Once I heard, I said I’d be out in a few. As I step out, I’m met by the fire captains/paramedics wanting to check my vitals. They feared I had passed out in the bathroom and were about to break down the door (since I wasn’t responding)…can you imagine??? Me sitting there as they barge in? I would have been mortified!

What tops it all off, they announced over the ENTIRE institutional radio, read: 500 officers and higher + all the non custody; that “We have an Officer down at the range. We need medical attention.” That just made me even more embarrassed.

em67
this is my baby, Remington 870 pump action shotgun. It’s best if you steer clear of my home.

Have you ever had to say Orthochlorbenzalmalononitrile, Hexachloroethane, Chloroacetophenone and Oleoresin Capsicum and know what each one means and how it effects a body?
- Yes, All but HC are gasses that will absolutely make you miserable when exposed. And when I say miserable, I mean you’re physically, mentally and emotionally tortured. Some believe they’ll actually die. And yes, I’ve been fully exposed multiple times to each and every one of them…maybe that’s why I’m a little off. hhmmm

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Awe, I'm sure you enjoyed having all those cute doggies stay with you! They are just too darling! I've never been on a 4 wheeler! I've always wanted to try it. I'm kinda scared though, dunno why...don't laugh. LOL. Guns scare me...I have so many friends that are cops and my EX is a cop, so you'd think I'd be use to them! I'm scared of you girl! ;)

Sam W. said...

you look so hardcore with that gun!! i can't even imagine how terrible it would have been if they broke down the door...i'm not sure i would have ever recovered from that!

Tatiana said...

That explains it all! No wonder you are so strange. I was thinking it may be do to genetics, or even chronic alcoholism, but now I know it's the gasses.
Maybe I shouldn't say that. After all you do have a gun. And you also look very scary. I wouldn't want to be on your bad list.
c nbgffbnhgvdss (that's a little message from Giada) She says you're badass.

Mamarazzi said...

omg...poor you for passing out! i know how mean those guys can get, i bet you heard about it for a while.

angie on maui said...

Ok, wait. 4-wheeling, shooting guns, posing with your scary-looking Remington 870 AND you work for CDC? You kind of intimidate me...I am a GIANT wuss next to you! ;) That's some girl-power, right there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...