Friday, May 6, 2011

Awards and too much thought, or lack of

I got a wonderful award from the sweet and awesome Katie @ J&K. I know a lot of us are friends with Katie, but if you haven’t ‘met’ her yet, you have to check out her blog. She’s so great! I like her lots…she also lets me beat her in Words w/Friends. hehe And hey, she thinks I’m a versatile blogger, I’m not going to complain.



First though, I have to eat some words of mine…I have a problem.. It’s called speaking before I should. It’s a nasty disease. As we all know, yesterday I said my SIL resigned from our game. I created this big ol’ reason in my head why she would and then when I opened up Words w/Friends yesterday my BIL had resigned. I immediately texted asking why and he said, he didn’t but the GAME ITSELF resigns you if you don’t log in after so many days…

Are we all catching on?? Yeah…I totally jumped the gun, and assumed she did it on purpose. I’m good at thinking way too much.

Now on the FLIP side when I don’t think at all (and also don’t get my morning coffee…) I go to pump gas in my car and instead grab the diesel pump and actually put it in my tank. Thank you Jesus it wouldn’t fit and I then realized I grabbed the wrong handle. Let’s not think about what kind of damage that would have cost.

For the record…I’ve never done that before EVER!

Now on to some awesome award questions and happiness, it’s Friday after all!

1. Thank the person who gave the award to you and link back to them.
Dear sweet and darling Katie, thank you oh so much for giving me this coveted award. I will cherish it always. I really am tickled you chose me. You’re so fun to chat w/through comments and emails…and you don’t mind taking my smack talk w/Words. I like you!

2. Tell seven random facts about yourself.
-
I don’t turn the tv on until after 5pm every day, even though I’m home all day long.
- I can shoot a Ruger Mini 14 Rifle better with my left hand than my right, and I’m right handed.
- I could eat cheese for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. I love all cheeses, except nasty blue cheese. Ick x20.
- In college I was jumped by 7 girls. They duct taped my hands and feet and carried me to a bench on the lawn, duct taped me to the bench and proceeded to throw/dump/pour every possible condiment on me, welcoming me into Circus Hall. (I have pictures too)
- In my 29 years I’ve moved 24 times.
- My sister and I look nothing alike. If you saw us standing next to each other, you’d never know we were sisters.
- Every time either Ever After or Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version) is on tv, I have to turn it on and watch it.

3. Share the love and pass this award to newly discovered bloggers.
Ok, so they may not all be newly discovered but these are the awesome bloggers I chose.

Emily at Meme & He – We share the same name which instantly makes her awesome. But then I read her blog and her awesomeness surpasses mine. So adorable and has a great eye for thrifty fashion finds!

Sam at fitness food and faith – She’s actually the very first blog I followed. I love her sweet spirit. She has great healthy recipes, always kind words to take away and I love reading about her love and admiration for her husband and family.

Tatiana at Living life and loving it – She is hilarious! And her baby, Giada is beyond adorable. It’s so fun joking around w/her. Our personalities are a lot alike and it’s real easy (probably too easy) to be sarcastic w/her…and get ghettofied.

Alright ladies, I now dub you all…Versatile Bloggers! (did you feel the sword on each shoulder? That means, it’s officially official.)

Have an absolutely gorgeous weekend.
G-man took this from his lanai a few days ago. Amazing isn’t it?
em65 Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Sam W. said...

you are just the sweetest thing ever. thank you for making my week!!! i love your blog.

umm, the duct tape condiment thing sounds SO traumatizing!!! eek!

Ashley said...

i dislike blue cheese too! yuck! wow, you certainly moved a lot! i can't imagine! love you blog and congrats on the award :)

Janine said...

WOW !! Those waterspouts are amazing to see. Great picture !

Unknown said...

congrats on the award you deserve it!
<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Tatiana said...

I must admit that when I first read the "being jumped by seven girls" part something else completely came to mind. I know, my mind is way too far into the gutter; many have tried to get it out of there, but no such luck.
Oh, and I would love to see the evidence of that fiasco.
And girl, you are my favorite blogger to get down and ghettofied with. Actually, you are the only blogger that I can be that ghetto with. Haha

Tatiana said...

And how impolite of me.
Thank you so much for the award! I love that you have thought of me :-) I'm so glad we have found each other Em ;-) I mean that in the straightest way possible. In case you were wondering.

Katie said...

You're too funny! and btw...I think I'm kicking your bootay in Words right now!! :)

aaaand I think our friendship might be terminated. Bleu cheese?! Its amazing!

meme-and-he said...

thank you so much for the award! You are just the sweetest. I have loved getting to know you as well through the blog world! It sure is a great place!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...