Monday, May 9, 2011

I’m thankful for 12

Was your weekend nice? Did you send your Mom a card? If I say I didn’t, would you all hate me? I called…

Actually her gift was going to be late and she knew this since she picked it out, so I figured I’d add the card to the gift when I mail it. Smart, right??? Economically speaking, not so much; loving the Mother speaking. But I love you Mom!

I’m thankful for my Mom. She really has been the bestest Mom I could ever ask for. We’ve gotten through some tough times together and I loved getting to know her more during it all. She is a strong and loving woman and I hope I can be 1/2 the woman she is when I’m older.

I’m thankful for being able to talk to my Mom whenever I want for as long as I want. I know she’s there and I always love our conversations.

I’m thankful for puppy love…

I’m thankful for my sinus rinse, Allegra-D and eye drops (seriously). I’m allergic to everything…e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g  Keep this in mind for tomorrow’s post. (I’ve been tested, so I can medically back it up. I promise I’m not a hypochondriac)

I’m thankful for my love wanting me to be his first call, text and Words w/friends game. Silly? Probably, but he said he wanted me to be his 1st’s with his iPhone and that made my heart smile.

I’m thankful for getting a brand new $200 tire for free by the company that sold us the original tire that needed to be replaced.

I’m thankful for God always patiently waiting for us to come back to Him and seek after Him. I know I’d be lost without Him in my life.

I’m thankful for knowing God is making changes in my life. I’m excited to see what He has in store for me in the near future.

One of my favorite sets of verses.
1 Peter 5:8-11
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Inside the Sistine Chapel. Jesus giving Peter the key.
em66

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Dilan Dilir said...

have a great day!

Katie said...

love that verse! So many wonderful things to be thankful for :)

Tatiana said...

I'm so glad you're taking time to be thankful Em :-)
Yay for awesome mommas! And for free tires! And for a really amazing God that we server.
And they all said "Amen"

meme-and-he said...

horray for mothers...sounds like you got a good one!!

Sam W. said...

yay for mom's day!! hope this week is a good one :)

Unknown said...

Yay for mommies!!!

Also, I'm glad your Allegra...but I really hate the company for stealing the name Allegra...I wanted to name our little girl that. Oh well.

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

I always love your thankful posts, always such a good reminder! Also, you must be miserable with all your crazy allergies! Yikes - good thing you can Allegra-it-up. :)
-Amy

Anonymous said...

i called my moms too...and their gift is going to be late haha. and they know this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...