Friday, June 10, 2011

50 days to 30

I’m all about the numbers this week apparently. 100, 15, and now 50.

But this number signifies how many days…can you guess?? That’s right folks!! How many days till my 30th birthday!

Oh my goodness gracious, the world is coming to an end!!

Alright, I exaggerate just a teeny bit. I actually had have absolutely no problem with the idea of me being 30…until I chose to write this post. True story, when I thought of writing this, I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep (as is my norm with blog brain storming) and creating my post in my mind and I started to freak out.

30! 30!!!!
em149
Ever since I can remember, every single year as my birthday would approach and someone would ask my age, I would be quick to say, “I’ll be 24 in 4 months.” “I’ll be 26 in 3 months.” “I’ll be 28 in just a few months.” And this year is no exception. I’m telling people when they ask my age that I’ll be 30 in a couple months.

I don’t know why it is but as my birthdays draw near, I get this weird idea that my current age is too young. That it’s an immature age. 29. That’s SO immature, right? puh!

My thoughts this year on being 29 is that it’s at that point where I’m almost 30. 30, the age of maturity…the age where I feel I’m a real “woman.” 29 is too much in the 20’s to feel or sound or seem mature.

I understand this sounds really absurd. That being in my 20’s is a great thing. Being 29 has been wonderful for me. And that there’s absolutely NO REASON to rush into being older.

I wonder at what age I’ll stop projecting my age. I wonder at what age I’ll feel my actual age. I now completely understand when someone older than me says they feel like they’re in their 20’s. I understand because I feel like I’m 22. Silly, awkward, dorky at times.  I don’t feel like I thought (when younger) an ‘almost’ 30 year old should feel like. –which, I still don’t know how that is 1 1/2 months out.

But it’s approaching, and quickly. And even though I imagined my life completely different by the time I reached my 30th birthday when I was younger, I’m so content and at peace with where God has me now. To know and see and experience all He wanted me to experience that wasn’t anything what I, my little self, thought I should.

So here’s to 49 more days as a 29 year old. I will consciously make the effort, if asked my age leading up, to state proudly 29, since it will be in fact the last remaining days I’ll ever be able to answer with a ‘2’ in front.

Pin It Now!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever felt my age. Sometimes I feel younger, but most of the time I feel older. Hmm. I forget how old I am sometimes. But then someone will ask, "what grade are you in honey?" and I quickly tell them that I am NOT in high school.

meme-and-he said...

haha love that picture of you :) and 30?? don't feel old or weird about it! You are still so young!! I hope you find joy in your big birthday!

Alisha said...

You are so right. We all imagine life to be completely different at a certain age, then when it finally comes around it's nothing like we imagined, but in a good way :)

Happy early birthday!!

Tatiana said...

30 got nothin on you gurlll! I'm pretty sure that you'll still be immature in 49 days. Haha.
You are one hot 29 yr old though, so work it!

Sam W. said...

ooo, a fun birthday!! we'll have to have a blog party :)

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

Ha! I never feel my age either. Just the other day I asked my husband how old we were... Well here's to another 49 days of youth! Kidding :)

debjones:) said...

I hope you enjoy the last precious moments of being in your 20s! Whenever I think back to my 'fun' years, its always my 20s! I wonder how I will feel about my 30s when I have them to think back on?? It's ok, I'm in no hurry to be rid of them quite yet! Take care Em! Know that your loved! Deb:)

Megan said...

I always feel older than my age. Haha. Woohoo to being 30! The age of womanhood! : )

Jossie said...

I definitely still feel like I am 23 and that was 8 years ago so I know exactly how you feel. I look in. The mirror and don't LOOK 23 but I feel like it most days.....at least until I play volleyball, lol! Then I feel like I am 90

Natalie said...

lol! =D I don't think people ever feel their real age. By the way, I stumbled across your blog and have really enjoyed reading through some of the posts =)

Bel said...

I never ever feel like my age. I still think I'm 18 in my head. and I am. muahahha.

<3 Belly B

Katie said...

psh, thirty-schmurty! You're still lookin' good :D

Denise said...

you are one number cruncher!!! ah being still at uni im 23 but i feel like im really old because i keep hanging out with 18 year olds. sigh. :p xx

arielle elise. said...

30 sounds like such a wonderful age though! i'm sure you won't even notice...hehe... you could be 29 +1 year ;)

Green Girl said...

You think you learned a lot in your twenties? You ain't seen nothing yet! The 30s is when it ALL happens.
You learn who you really are in your 30s for sure!

LeAnna said...

I feel like I'm 30, and I'm just now approaching my 25th birthday. Must have something to do with the fact I married a fella who is 8 years older than me. He's an old pro at the 30's. I don't want to think about turning 30, because that means my kids will be 5 and 7 years old and that makes me want to BAWL.

That being said, you will totally rock the 30's. I can tell by that picture...you rock it or nothin'!

DaisyGirl said...

Just found your blog and am happy I did!! I'm 31--almost 32--and just the other day I told my husband that I have a hard time remembering we're in our 30's...I feel like we're still 20 something year olds. I guess it's all in the heart and mind!!

Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...