Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Once upon a surgery, part II

catch up on part I 

em177

When the Dr. talked to my mom to give her an update, he explained that patients such as myself usually are experiencing “phantom pains” and not actual pain. Since the nerves are removed leading into my toes he fully believed that it was going to be the case for me; to feel that phantom pain.

And then he cut open my left foot.

Inside, between the 2nd and 3rd toe was a very large neuroma. Then saw between the 3rd and 4th toe another very large neuroma. At that point, he realized the pain I’d been feeling the past year was very real. He realized something more. That there’s no way 2 very large neuromas can grow that fast in a years time. And there’s no way a neuroma can be there, let alone that large, after supposedly being removed 14 months prior.

He moves to the right foot. Where I’ve already had 3 surgeries. Upon opening it up, he sees my nerves, completely intact. Completely connected to everything they’re all supposed to be connected to. Showing no signs of ever being cut. He sees the neuroma leading into my 2nd and 3rd toe. Also seeing a stump neuroma between my 3rd and 4th toe (the only one showing it had been surgically removed).

I’ve had 4 prior surgeries “removing” neuromas. After each surgery I’ve had numbness indicating that nerves have in fact been removed, yet here he is stating all but 1 nerve shows absolutely NO signs of ever being cut into.

What am I supposed to think? How does a person react to that information?? I’m just as G-man says he is when I told him everything; dumbfounded.

Dumbfounded at the idea that Dr. P never removed anything. Never took care of the problem. Only cutting open my feet to do what? Stare inside and say, ‘yup, they’re there alright. Let’s close it up and tell her we took care of them.’

I don’t know what to think. Dr. W absolutely refuses to point the finger at Dr. P. The whole ‘doctor can’t talk bad about other doctors’ code, yet says there’s no way the nerves could have looked like they did with having surgery just 14 months ago.

How is this possible? Why have I been numb all these years? How can a dr. be so completely inept in his job? I truly do not know what to think.

Pin It Now!

17 comments:

the blogivers said...

That's a head scratcher...

Sam W. said...

you're kidding. that's just wrong. no idea what to think!!

Natalie said...

That's just... strange. Kinda confusing.

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

Oh my goodness! The outrage! Well hopefully this is actually a successful surgery, and it will solve some of your footsie problems!

Andrea Terry said...

Malpractice?

Katie said...

either way...God's timing in bringing Dr. W your way and having surgery this time around was perfect! Better late than never, right? :) Glad you're feeling better!

Clarinda said...

Dumbfounded is a good word for it. Also, ridiculous and unacceptable. Sorry you've had to deal with all this, and let's certainly hope your recovery goes well. Take care!

A Covenant Broken said...

You poor dear. I am so sorry this has happened to you. I am praising God for your faith.

Tatiana said...

Holy crap! That's not even right! I know that it may cost you more money at first, but you should take that excuse of a doctor to court.

LeAnna said...

Smells like malpractice to me!

Patrycja ♥ said...

Regards ;*

http://paticee.blogspot.com/

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Oh my goodness... you poor girl!! I can't believe everything you have been through. Please make sure you stand up for yourself and make sure you get the right care and attention that you need!!! Thinking of you!

Unknown said...

That's AWFUL!!! No other words about that. Wow...I would do some serious looking into this...

Whim Wham Life said...

Oh my goodness! The human body is so crazy. Wow! And doctors do make mistakes. All the time. They need to take responsibility for them! xoxo

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, that is absolutely crazy!! I would definitely meet back up with the first doctor to find out what the deal is!!

Unknown said...

Well, I finally read the saga. Whoa! That is just crazy. I can't believe that he may not have done anything for you during those other surgeries!!! Wow, wow, wow. I wouldn't know what to think either.

Denise said...

that is so bizarre!!!! im glad things are better now though :) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...