Monday, June 27, 2011

I’m thankful for 19

I’m alive. Were you nervous?? I’m plastered on the couch (really, that’s nothing new) but more forced than before since walking is a trial for me. But the weekend couldn’t have been better since my sweet and wonderful mom was here to do just about everything for me.

’just about’ because..a girl has to retain some dignity here!

If you saw on twitter, the Dr. told me some things that are making me scratch my head in confusion but all in all everything went well and over the next day or so, I’ll go over what he said.

For now, it’s a thanks giving day.

I’m thankful for:
- my mom. She drove 3 1/2 hours back. Cooked from 6am-6pm and froze it all so I could have meals to eat for days. Cleaned every dish, brought me anything I needed, scolded me when I did too much and loved on me every minute possible. I love you Mom!
yumminess that I devoured the first night. You know you wish you had these boots, right?
em175


- the Dr. for removing every last neuroma I have and the calls he’s made each and every day to see how I’m recovering.

- my friends and family who are quick to offer any help at the drop of a hat.

- all of YOU for your sweet words and thoughtful prayers. I felt each and every one of them and I can’t thank you enough for taking time to lift me up to Him.

- the cooler weather, long naps in the middle of the day and pain medication.

- the Lord for allowing me the chance to have this surgery after the defeat of hearing from multiple doctors that nothing can ever be done; will ever be fixed. That I’ll have to live with all the pain for life. He brought me to Dr. Wang that gave me hope and the chance to be ‘normal’ again.

- and finally G-man who pushed me to not give up. Who knew there was someone out there who could do the job. Who always had the hope and determination to make me better and do it at any cost. I love him so much!

Romans 5:3-5
And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;
and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;
and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Katie said...

best thankful list yet! So glad you're recovery is going well...aren't moms the best?!

Natalie said...

Glad to hear it all went over well. Now get lots of rest and enjoy all that amazing looking food! =D

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

Wow - so glad you are doing well! I was about to email you, I hadn't seen a post for a couple days... :) Glad to hear you are being well taken care of!

angie on maui said...

SO glad the surgery went well...it sounds like you are in very good hands to have your Dr. calling you every day since then!

Your mom sounds awesome - we all need our Moms to dote on us hand and foot, or in your case, foot and foot :-D every now and then, right? Your plate of food looks SO YUMMY!

Take care, love!

Tatiana said...

Yay for mommies who are willing to help out and for the ability to have some leftover dignity!
I'm so glad that you're doing well love! You'll be running around in no time. I just know it!

Megan said...

I am SO glad that everything is going well so far! And that meal looks amazing! Mommies are so wonderful!!

Sam W. said...

i'm so happy you're ok!! i've missed you :)

yay for awesome moms and lots of food!

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so glad you are on the mend! I pray you will have complete healing and will be pain free after this!

Michelle said...

I am so happy that you are on the road to healing and that everything is going so well. I was praying for you!!!! Now I'm praying for a speedy recovery!!!!

That meal looks so GOOD!!!!

Denise said...

you made it!! yippee :) God is faithful! i pray that your feet will be great after this :) and that all those yummy meals will aid the speedy recovery! :) :) *happy dance* xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...