Thursday, June 16, 2011

I’m the best auntie ever

This is not the most truthful statement. I’ve failed miserably in the Aunt department many many times. I have 9 nieces and nephews with one on the way, sometime July/August, it’s a girl! 3 boys 7 girls. Good odds I think.

My nephew actually cried when he found out my SIL was having another girl. Poor guy.

When I was hanging with the parentals this past weekend, my sister brought her family on over and we grilled out. Her hubby rocked the grilled chicken, not to mention everything else was fantastic.

But back to the cute little ones. I pretended I knew what I was doing and took some pictures of them. I hadn’t seen the youngest for months, so it was fun playing with her.

Prepare yourselves for loads of darling pictures of my nieces and nephew. I love them just a little bit.
em157

Striking a pose!
em159

em162

I’m so happy (‘except when I’m screaming’ says her mom.)
em160

 em158em161
Did I mention that I braided her hair? She loved it, not gonna lie. It was the first time I’ve ever done a little girl’s hair, not gonna lie about that either.
em163
I know this is dark, but I like it this way.
em164

I love her concentration.
em165em166
These 2 have a special bond, I hear.
em167em168

I liked having our shadows in the back and I like my sister’s expression.
em169

Afterward, my niece asked if I would paint her nails. So I did both toes and fingers, then had my sister paint mine.

I sure hope I have 2 girls so they can have sister things to do. Very important, I think.

Do you have a sister? Are there certain things you would all do together?

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww you are the best auntie ever! You are blessed with so many sweet nieces and nephews! That's so great!

the blogivers said...

Yes, 2 sisters. And we liked to fight. All the time. Much better now that we're older!

Green Girl said...

Those are some cute kiddos! As you know, I am partial to my sweet Sophie.
Your older niece with her glasses is too sweet!

Ashley said...

Awwww, they are some cutie pies! I'm sure you're a wonderful Auntie Emily! Beautiful pictures :)

meme-and-he said...

9 nieces and nephews?! You are so blessed!! My sisters and I love to go on picnics together, long walks, watch movies, and make music videos. ha!

Tatiana said...

awww... they are so stinkin cute! Love that big smile!
I say you need some of your own. Like tomorrow. Do you need me to have a talk with Mr G-man and give him a few hints toward awesome ways to propose and future children names? 'Cause I'll do it!

Unknown said...

Aw, so sweet! They are so adorable. I can't wait to be an Aunt....but I'm the oldest, so I'll probably have kids before the rest.

And yes, having a sister is so great. I have two! We have all kinds of girlie fun together!

Megan said...

Ummmm, why did you not warn me that you were going to totally INCREASE my baby fever?!?! AHHHH!!

They are SO cute! I think you're a fabulous aunt...with amazing camera skills!

Natalie said...

Aww! So adorable! My sister is constantly dragging me to go to plays and shopping, and I force her to watch Hallmark movies and eat ice cream. Lots of ice cream! =D

Pia said...

This is adorable! I love my nephew to pieces and I can't wait to meet his little brother that is on the way.
I love being an aunt, it's awesome. :)

Katie said...

oh my goodness. You should post cute baby {or puppy!} pictures everyday!!! So cute!

I'm the youngest of 3 girls...and while its fun, I wish I had a brother! My sister's are bff and I'm most the odd man, er girl, out. Wah wah. But so glad your nieces love each other :)

Jossie said...

Cute! Well, you definitely know that I have a sister and even though we are far apart in age, we bond over shopping and the Backstreet Boys :-) We are two VERY different people (she is very private, I am not, she is introverted, I am not, etc.) but she is someone I can just hang out with and have fun without saying a whole heck of a lot :-)

Erin said...

Love it Emmy!!! You're a pretty good little writer and a great picture taker!! You are a great auntie!! I have a sister I don't see often enough! Girls weekend??? Would be great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...