Friday, June 3, 2011

I’m on it like a cork in a wine bottle

I’m finally getting around to posting the pictures from the wine tasting we did last Friday. A whole week later, yikes, but at least they’re here. I know you all were just wondering when the heck I was going to show you all…am I right?

Indulge me any way, okie dokie pokie?

By the way, be prepared for an overload. I don’t do anything small. It’s go big or go home over here. It’s all or nothing. It’s the big easy…no…no, that’s not right.

We started out at some place I don’t remember and don’t like the pictures from so we’ll skip ahead to the 3rd, yet 2nd winery. The actual 2nd turned out to be a disappointing room in a warehouse by a mechanic shop and we just couldn’t figure out why they’d open up there. Worst location ever. So we left.

No, these aren’t real and no I didn’t attempt to eat them.
em131

The fabulous wall where all the magic happened. And by magic I mean pictures.
em134em139
My friend (the birthday girl) and her boyfriend
em129

em135

em136
em137

em140

We eventually moved on to a smaller family owned winery where we ended up locking the keys in the car. Our new motto is:
If you could lock your keys in your car anywhere, let it be a winery.
Ok, so it isn’t the best motto and I could think of better places, but we made the best of our situation…
em130

…and broke into the bottle of wine that we bought and relaxed while waiting for AAA.
em138

If we hadn’t locked the keys in the car, we never would have seen this peacock wooing female pigeons. He apparently isn’t picky.
em133

Ever seen the back of a peacock? We hadn’t either. You’re welcome.
em132

If we hadn’t locked the keys in the car, we wouldn’t have found this snake.
em142

And she wouldn’t have gotten her snake fix.
em141

If we hadn’t locked the keys in the car we never would have been able to decompress from the day, relax and enjoy each other’s company. We were all very happy the keys were locked in the car.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Megan said...

uhm wine tasting and snake wrestling? now that is a party.

Unknown said...

First of all, why in the crap is she holding a snake!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously. That is gutsy.

Second, your trip looks like SO MUCH FUN.

And, your friend and her man make a really cute couple.

The end.

Dilan Dilir said...

lovely pictures! :D

Dilan Dilir said...

lovely pictures! :D

Sam W. said...

hold the phone. she picked the snake up?!?!?! ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Tatiana said...

Why would you pick the snake up? Why? WHY? It makes my skin feel all funny.
But your pics are gogeous. That's right, I said gogeous.

Ashley said...

Thats right...go BIG or go HOME! Thats my motto too! LOL. Love all of the pictures! Um, your friend has some major balls to pick up that thing! Wow! haha

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

Wow, what a crazy fun adventure! I love the peacock picture, so neat. Also, I love wineries, they are always beautiful places. Glad you had a good time!
-Amy

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh that looks so FUN!!!! Except for the snake. That would have scared the Beejeezus outta me. For real.

Have a good weekend!!!!

Megan and Justin said...

awesome pictures!! following for sure :)

Denise said...

haha looks like fun!!! i wouldn't dare to touch a live snake!!

meme-and-he said...

shut up! She picked it up?! ahh!! looks like a graet time, glad you find things to be thankful for when you locked the keys in the car! I turn into a cry baby when i do that.

Off Label Mama said...

I stumbled across your blog, and I have to say that these are GORGEOUS photos. Seriously, simply gorgeous. I love those wine barrels!

angie on maui said...

Beautiful photos! And mad props to your friend for having the guts to pick up the snake! I seriously had to pause when I saw that photo...you know, take it all in and understand that yes, indeed, she DID pick up the snake! :) She is fearless (and gorgeous, by the way)!

Love that you also managed to get a shot of the peacock in all his flirtatious glory! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...