Friday, March 18, 2011

Problem with a gallon

UGH! I have major issues!

How am I expected to do anything or go anywhere when I committed myself to drink a gallon of water a day???

I can't make it to my car before I have to go the bathroom again. I make sure to go at least 2 times before having to go somewhere that will take a couple hours. And even then by the time I get there I'm looking for their restroom.

I'm doing really good though with the intake and I have a killer system down!

What's that?
You want to know what my killer system is?

I'd love to tell you. :)  I have to trick my brain, even though my brain is the one that came up with the idea. I like to think my right side came up with the idea and is fooling my left side.

I drink 1 glass of water first. Once that's done I grab me another glass (these are 17oz glasses) and fill up both. I drink 2 glasses at a time so it seems like I only drank 2...but, here's where the trickery comes in... I really drank 3!

Don't you love that!? Yeah, it's brilliant...you can borrow, I give you my permission.

It takes 8 glasses (or bottles, whichever floats your boat...hahahaha I'm hilarious, whew, okay give me a second, ahem...okay. aaaannnnd resume) to be a gallon, a little over in fact and I average 6-8 glasses a day. It literally has taken over my days.

Today I drank 7. I went no where until the evening, which was Bible Study and I made 2 visits in a matter of an hour while I was there.

Is this total TMI?! Sorry if it is, I just wonder if anyone drinks this much too and has the same problem as I do.

When I was working I would only drink 2 bottles during my whole shift (8 hours). It was way too difficult to use the restroom with the belt, equipment and uniform. Such a hassle so no water for me. When I would get stuck working a 16 hour shift, I would be bummed only because I didn't have water to wash down my food. I've never appreciated water before.

Now I've been drinking a gallon for almost 3 months now and lo and behold my skin looks better, I feel a ton better and I lost some weight. No, I don't want to lose weight. That's not my intention.

So does anyone else drink this much water a day?
Have you noticed any changes since drinking so much water?
Do you want to join me and challenge yourself to drink a gallon a day? You can do it, I have faith!



*Random Tip: When the Dr. tells you to drink 8 glasses of water a day, he's referring to 8 8oz glasses. That's easy peasy to do.
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Sam W. said...

i drink roughly a gallon a day and feel awesome, but yea, constantly in the little girls' room. it's annoying, but worth it :)

Anonymous said...

if you drink room temp water, it stays in your system longer so you pee less often. Drinking really ice cold water runs right through you :)

meme-and-he said...

loved this post! I have tried to drink more water at times too...but it takes a while for the ole' bladder to get used to it! good for you for trying!!

Dilan Dilir said...

Great post! I drink much water ,´cause it´s really good for the body :)

Dilan Dilir said...

:D follow each other? <3

Mommy Patchen said...

I also drink a gallon a day and it is miserable! Erik is constantly making fun of how often I have to go pee, which is constantly. If I go to a store, I go before I leave the house, when I get to the store, at least once while I am shopping, and once more before I leave... I have been drinking a gallon of water a day for years now, and it has never gotten better!! (Plus, I never lose weight from it :( Just you wait. The real challenge comes when you become a mommy and still need to pee every 30 minutes...

Simply Sara said...

I have found that if I do ice water/ not bottled water, i can drink way more!!

Mamarazzi said...

i heard that if it it room temp it won't go right through ya, but i cannot confirm. i will get back to you on that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...